This Houston Cougars football game is now 10 years ago

I loved that stadium

2 Likes

It was about 80 degrees with about 90% humidity that night. I remember my legs cramping from standing the whole game, my shirt being completely soaked, and feeing dehydrated. But after Keenum made that final touchdown, I was yelling and stomping the bleachers with everyone else.

4 Likes

the humidity was insane that night, it was a sweat box and that game started late

3 Likes

What a night! My all time favorite Coog moment, with Keenum QB draw for the win.

I cheered so loud and so much I couldn’t breath

6 Likes

One of my all time favorite games as well. Sat in the end zone, so Case scores that last TD right in our lap. What a night. Remember a family sitting in front of us. Parents and son were TT grads, daughter in law was UH. She did a real class job of reminding them where SHE went to school :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Bring back the palm trees

10 Likes

I was right there with my Wife of 1 1/2 years. There were a bunch of drunk Tech Fans talking trash. But beating #17 Tech in Houston was awesome!

8 Likes

The palm trees looked particularly beautiful on that evening. I always thought they looked great on TV, especially at night. That game had such a buzz - I sold my 2 season tickets to an old high school friend (UH Alum) so he could bring his Dad. I bought 3 additional tickets and ended up sitting in front of an entire row of Tech fans. They were soooo annoying and cocky. Oh the look on their faces when it was all over!

2 Likes

It is a reminder of Case Keenum’s special abilities! I cannot remember a better performance
by anyone, ever.

2 Likes

Had chills watching the clip, remembering how incredible of a game that was. There were so many fans that Mattress Mack had a large screen outside the stadium for those who couldn’t get in. I had never seen tailgating like that at UH
ever.

2 Likes

Tech players were thinking about their fat girlfriends.

2 Likes

That was one of the greatest finishes I have ever seen in person, although Kyle Postma’s comeback against Memphis is a very close second. For the Tech game, I took an Aggie buddy with me. I think he was just as excited as I was!

1 Like

I brought a friend from UT and she said she had more fun at that game than she had had at games in Austin. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that.

1 Like

It was an electric evening.

1 Like

I was on the field. 10 years

2 Likes

Back when you could rush the field without worrying about an overzealous security guard form tackling you into the turf.

5 Likes

Did you rush the field? How many people here rushed the field?!

I’ve never rushed it.

1 Like

In 2006 I did for CUSA Championship!

2 Likes

I was uptop and made my way down to the field eventually. I thought why not lol

1 Like