This is doing a lot of damage to our program

That’s exactly right! I predicted we would be worse by losing the guy that helped win most if the games last year. SMU and Navy we’re bad but the players were tired and knew Herman was leaving. However, Orlando, along with Ward’s ability to keep the offense moving, were the keys to success. I absolutely expected UH to regress running the same offense w/o Ward and a new DC that runs a more conservative style of defense. The thing is, even with Ward, the offense was mediocre under Herman. It was the defense that won games.

Our team performance had nothing to do with the Big 12…

5 Likes

It’s the manner in which we are doing that’s concerning. Two of Herman’s losses cane from ranked teams by smalll margins. They weren’t blown out by one of the worse team in football.

Bad football, weak coaching, and few signs of progress all cause fan apathy. Good coaches want to coach here because they know it offers all the things they need to succeed. Good coaches also understand that they have to deliver a quality product. Good coaches are willing and able to take steps to make sure that happens. Good coaches don’t accept continued failures like we’re seeing this year.

The fans have nothing to do with this year’s poor play, and there’s nothing we can do to fix it. The coaches have that control and responsibility, and they aren’t handling that very well.

1 Like

LSU had a really bad loss to Troy.

Has anyone listened to his news conferences. Sounds like he doesn’t have a plan other than correct the mistakes.

Inability to recognize that there are problems is the biggest concern we should have.

I think Strong damaged UT’s program pretty bad. Herman, may be able to rebuild it, he is a good talker. Even if UT’s program is/has been damaged, it does us no good b/c most of the guys that decide against UT will not be deciding for UH. Not after the way we’ve played this year.

We’ve already lost Hasan Hypolite to Colorado. I can’t believe he was playing us. I believe he switched because of our poor performances and maybe our plain vanilla offense.

By damaged you mean he cleaned house and got rid of the thugs and thieves we would post stories about on coogfans every other month?

1 Like

…SMU?

No, I think by not winning, he damaged the program. No one wants to play for a loser so a winning record, I think, all else being equal, wins over a recruit. At least it would me. That’s our danger too. It’s hard enough to convince really good players to pick UH over other schools who have a shot at the championship. By playing poorly, and also if we post a poor record this year, it will get harder still…

I think he means this year at UT.

Even then, Maryland is not good. They got routed by UCF. They have one win over an FBS team that doesn’t play in Austin.

Hypolite was never committed to us and decided to go to a P5 school. I don’t think it had to do anything with our performance.

1 Like

I know. So all those 247 warmer, warm, cool things mean nothing? I thought they got those from talking with the players.

They don’t mean much as it depends on who the player talks to.

24/7 whiffs with regularity. I’ve seen, more than a time or 10, where they have someone at 100% to a school and the kid chooses another school. I hardly put any stock in those predictions as often times the scouting site has about the same info that we have.

That, and some of these recruits are so damn fickle these days.

We signed 2 recruits that were 100% on 247 to go to another school.

Yeah, I don’t pay attention to “predictions”, but I was hoping the temperature thing was a good gauge.

Haha. I guess I see the temperature thing as a “non-committal” prediction.