This loss was a good

Omen. Got it out of our system. We were spent but we will be fine. Our stock was due to go down but it’ll shopt right back up.

Rest and rejuvenate. Get our guys ready for next week watch some Phi Slamma Jamma and rest our bodies.

ISU is as high as they can get. They’ve spent it all right here, like this is NCAA tournament championship. There is nothing else left for them.

Our mountain climb begins next week.

17 Likes

that is silly, Iowa State plays excellent defense and can beat anyone. they have a legit chance at the final 4, they totally shut down UH today. UH will be fine with some rest and if Roberts is healthy.

6 Likes

Agreed. The key is getting Roberts back to at least 90%. He’s played injured before, but clearly he was not himself today.

Without Roberts, this #1 team is an upset in the making. Francis can’t man in the middle all by himself. Well, he can in spurts when our guards are clicking, but not against elite defensive teams with multiple bigs while our guards are bricking shots.

Roberts and Francis have to play at least 30 minutes each game. Need health and no foul trouble.

3 Likes

Yep. Sometimes I don’t think everyone understands the impact Roberts has on this team on both sides of the floor. He’s been the most consistent player all season long. Right now he’s nowhere close to being healthy.

It’s one thing to play with stitches in an arm, but entirely different to be hobbling on one leg while going up against elite defense with multiple bigs.

2 Likes

losing players for the season, and nagging injuries going into the Tournament is getting old

9 Likes

The only bad omen is we are number 1 and NC State has gotten super hot before the tournament….I don’t think I am getting out of bed.

3 Likes

Ha ha… I’m still rooting for NC State here (vs tar heels)

1 Like

Congrats to Iowa State for winning their home game. They are a whole lot different on the road. Or in a true neutral arena. We rested Shead and Roberts most of the second half. That’s what a lot of people on this board wanted. So not too high after a win and not too low after a loss. Move on to next week when the games really count.

8 Likes

The positive I’m taking from that atrocity of a game is that Shead, Cryer and Sharp were all beyond terrible. The chances of that ever happening again are close to zero. The guys need to have a short memory and just focus on getting healthy.

6 Likes

Go Heels

I really think due to Sampson’s rough practices and long season every year it wears us down and leads to injuries

1 Like

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But it also leads us to being a perennial contender.

8 Likes

Silver lining we might lose the #1 spot in KP. The pre tourney #1 pretty much never wins the whole thing.

2 Likes

We play better when there is a chip on our shoulder.

1 Like

Losing sucks. There’s no way to sugarcoat it. After a good nights sleep most of is will be back to reality.

Here’s the reality: After losing badly in Lawrence to Kansas, where rolled off 11 straight wins, almost half of which were on the road in front of hostile crowds.

This team has more than proven themselves to be tough minded. Perhaps the most grit from any team I’ve seen in all my years. That doesn’t mean we can’t get bounced from the tournament with all of these injuries. We absolutely need a healthy Roberts back to make a run in the tournament.

15 Likes

right where we want to be… :smirk:

6 Likes

Dickey’s teams were fresh as they headed into zero chances for post season play. I’ll take Sampson any day and twice on selection Sunday.

12 Likes

It’s a weird way of thinking, but we were due for a loss. I’m glad we got it out of the way. 11 straight wins before that and would need 6 straight to win the tourney. Chances of us winning 18 straight was pretty slim. That’s behind us, we know our floor and now we rest up and destroy the competition in a few days. This team isn’t going to tuck their tail and go out quietly. New season begins.

13 Likes