This season feels off (not from a performance standpoint) turns out performance too

I just have this feeling the admins don’t really care much and are just looking forward to 2023 Big 12

4 Likes

I don’t know which admins you are thinking of, but I seriously doubt that Dr. Khator, Tillman, or Pez feel that way.

5 Likes

This may be projection an your part.

4 Likes

I can see it. Our brand needs to step up next year, but we need to put it in action now. Putting it off won’t help

Maybe it is, but I did say, “I doubt.” That is the same as saying “in my opinion.” And that is my opinion, maybe you think those 3 don’t care, or maybe you don’t; but opinions are the property of the one who’s opinion it is.

1 Like

As a student, it just does.

There was a lot being hyped up about the season that didn’t really… Happen.

Also they were supposed to change the student tailgate to something a lot more fun and it… Hasn’t happened.

There isn’t outreach to students anymore. Just none. The student turnout last week was HORRIBLE, and don’t really know WHY. Maybe the heat, or projects, but it was just… Lackluster. No enthusiasm from anyone or anything.

This year SHOULD be practice for the B12 atmosphere. Not just raising money and being like LOL WE RIIIIIIIIIIIISE

8 Likes

sorry, I was trying to respond to 3rdWardCoog, I actually agree with you.

1 Like

All I know is next yr Pez needs to price things and do whatever is needed to get 35 to 40 k per game. It’s his most important job and can be done. Sell as many season tickets then do mop up with family packs and $10 or $12 single tickets for the rest and get it done for next yr.

1 Like

$55-100 for 300 sections are NOT it.

Also Rice potentially caused a compliance issue that I reported lol.

3 Likes

It aint the price

1 Like

I think pricing helps along with marketing. If I wasn’t a fan of UH living here and saw a family pk for $300 or $400 in the big 12, I’d for sure go. For people with no loyalty to UH , you have to make it cheap enough so it gets their interest then they say well it’s big12 football, let’s buy and go.

1 Like

Family packs for that upper deck is the way to go just price it right. They are empty mostly so price it right then see.

I think there is something to this.

Marketing 101 says that you should not give away for free what you can sell for profit. Marketing 102 says that once you give someone something, taking it away can destroy the customer relationship. Just ask JC Penney. They destroyed their business by going to everyday low pricing and eliminating coupons. Even though the prices were cheaper, a large portion of their customer base enjoyed the idea of getting deals.

The UH Admin probably believe that if they holdoff with giving away free seats and other merch to students, that leaves more seats to sell to paying customers once we enter the Big 12 and begin playing bigger and better opponents.

The best case result is that it works, we pull 38K per game, with sellouts against TTU, TCU, UCF and Okie State, and with fewer giveaways, we make more money per seat sold.

Or, the worst case scenario - we don’t win at a high level, fans lose interest, students lose interest, we don’t sell any tickets, and we kill a generation of fans.

As someone who has lived through the latter scenario, it is not unlikely. People have to know who their customers are. Again, UH is in Houston, not Stillwater.

Ok so can y’all get with Pez and maybe the big 12 has that effect of selling more tics which it will so let’s see but if we have empties, we need to mop up somehow with marketing those seats

Exactly. Pricing 300 levels tickets at $50-$100???

Just imagine, you are a casual fan maybe new to Houston and you decide that you want to go to a game. So go online thinking of buying nosebleed seats since you are not really a fan and just want to check things out.

So now you are $100+ on a pair of 300 level tickets. Well that cuts some into your beer budget…now you get to campus and have to pay $40 to park! And then when you get to the game, you get sub par concession options and warm beer at champagne prices.

To top it off, the team is not putting on a show because it’s not an entertaining product, and then you have to walk 3 levels down to use the toilet.

You leave the game unimpressed and the next time someone even tries to invite you to a UH game for free you remember your mediocre experience and politely decline.

And there goes another potential fan who would much rather stay at home watching the new Jeffrey Dahmer series on Netflix.

5 Likes

Can you do us all a favor and tell Pez to stop scheduling UH football at the horrendous 3 pm start on a hot September Day. :tired_face::joy:

Wait vendors offer buy 1 get 1 free and restaurants offer buy 6 wings get 6 wings free and it works. It pulls me in to buy. Y’all need to retake that marketing class.

Bring back a coach that markets the program. Not one that brings bad feelings, win or lose.

1 Like