Thoughts for Texas Tech

bringing the cooler at 9:30, also bringing a friend whos from TTU. Hopefully I get to drink some tears too.

1 Like

What? They showed up for Temple and Navy both 11am starts in the past couple years. Last week during the pre-game warmup with the ESPN announcers filmed maybe an hour before kickoff, the stands were empty EXCEPT the student section, which was ROCKING.

The new generation of students get it. Itā€™s the alums we need to worry about.

https://twitter.com/UHCougars/status/909202359712206848

6 Likes

Folks will show and it will be loud. I remember the UCLA game in Robertson in 2011, which I believe was at 11; crowd was jacked.

This is Tech. Everyone remembers 2009 and the fun we had. Wouldnā€™t worry about the crowd.

Iā€™m also bring a family member who is Tech alum. Iā€™m hoping for a great game, the last game I brought him to was the TDECU opener :grimacing:

1 Like

I donā€™t drink. Thatā€™s why I had to develop an alternative technique to get a chip on my shoulder since I am, by nature, a mellow guy.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Might be a bad luck charmā€¦just sayingā€¦:flushed:

1 Like

:smiley::smiley:, class of '76, worked my way through. We did not play 11 am games back then. While Iā€™m happy tickets have been claimed, not assuming all will show.

I will be there because at my age (66) I have no place else to go and I always get up early.:smiley:

Letā€™s face it, in 1976, if Houston was ranked, playing a ranked opponent and played at 7pm on a Saturday, 100 students showed up. Probably not a good comparison for student attendance in 2017.

Not trying to compare. This is a board of opinions.

wake and bakeā€¦

1 Like

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Arizona+St+vs+Texas+Tech+2017&&view=detail&mid=AFAD0F2A15FF417F2DDCAFAD0F2A15FF417F2DDC&FORM=VRDGAR

#2 Coutee looks good. So does Shimonek the TT QB. It will be a high scoring battle and we will play hard.

1 Like

Based on highlight reel, UH secondary in for a long afternoon. 2 is a speedster with good receiver iq and the qb has got a good release.

Oh boyšŸ˜Ø

I think weā€™re going to need to keep both safeties back and our DBs are going to have to be very disciplined about keeping their eyes out of the backfield. Canā€™t let those guys get behind us. Didnā€™t see highlights from Techā€™s game against ASU, but after watching the hightlights against EWU, I can guarantee weā€™re a better tackling team. Their receivers and RBs wonā€™t be bouncing off our guys.

Iā€™m definitely going to be LBL (Lit Before Lunch). No shame, life is short and so is the Cougar football season. Live it up folks!

3 Likes

I agree with this; getting beat deep is no bueno; however, if we give up a couple of plays, it may not be the end of the world. We could instill a false confidence and bait the quarterback into a turnover. I havenā€™t watched much film on him but Iā€™m sure this is only his 3rd or 4th start. That doesnā€™t bode well for a 11 am road game. I also feel if we can run the ball, keep their defense on the field, and force 4 or 5 quick three and outs, weā€™ll have them beat by the 4th quarter. People often claim to beat a Air Raid like team, time of possession counts. I agree, but dominating TOP, scoring on long drives (which weā€™ve done our past two games), and forcing their offense to leave the field early often is the key. All of this, of course, translates to beating the snot out of Tech. I believe we get the W!

2 Likes

So hereā€™s my official prediction. UH as a whole plays like a team with something to prove. Coach Dā€™Onofrio letā€™s the D off the leash. World finds out Ed Oliver isnā€™t the only guy on the D who can play. TTU QB sacks hit double digits. 3 INTs one of which is a pick six, and one fumble recovery. UH offense shows they have WRs who can run and Corbin and Lark have break out game with Bonner III and Dunbar doing their regular thing. Look for Leday to get more targets, too. Heā€™s playing like a man with something to prove. Allen throws for as many yards as he wants. O-line plays with a chip on their shoulder and RBs have field day especially in 2nd half when TTU D wears out. Catalon, Birden, Car each hit 80-100 yards, maybe more. UH 52 TTU 20.

5 Likes

Wow! I admire your optimism, sir.

3 Likes

Idk. No real logic just a feeling.

1 Like

Iā€™m praying this happens(which is secondary to a win, I know) so the blind people on this board will finally can it! lol

1 Like

Any video showing the lowlights? You know, the ones where they give up 300 yards, 7 TFLs, 2 sacks (compared to 1 of their own) and have no quarterback hurries against EW? What about the lowlights where they give up 45 points, 27 first downs,3 sacks, 4 TFLs, and 6 quarterback hurries to Arizona State?

Tech is not to be taken lightly, but they are far from world beatersā€¦