Thoughts on the Bama Game

Sampson apologized for the emotional outbursts, not for questioning the call. Those are 2 different things. That was a very close call (right or wrong) and Sampson wanted an explanation. Instead, those cowardly officials refused to give him one and sprinted off the floor. It’s hard to not feel cheated when all you want is an explanation and can’t get it.

11 Likes

And by leaving the court they could no longer review the reviewable question… Was there time still on the clock?

I can see missing the “questionable” goaltending… I can’t understand how you don’t review the clock.

6 Likes

We were cheated plain and simple.

4 Likes

No doubt. It is why games on the road against good opponents are so tough.

In the end the refs were getting out of Dodge with their lives !!

4 Likes

I don’t see why you couldn’t start them both. Move Chaney to the 4, start Carlton at center, play Fabian as a 3. Bring Edwards off the bench.

2 Likes

You lose too much perimeter defense with this lineup.

1 Like

I think CKS has earned the right to name the starting line up and order and roles for coming off the bench.

2 Likes

Edwards is an nba player… He ain’t coming off the bench.

Fabian isnt a 3, this is a silly idea

1 Like

I’m wagering coach wanted the last shot, hence Sasser playing “hero ball”. Also, when he did “attack” he was fouled. NO CALL, hence Kyler had to chuck it up (part of Coog game plan). At least one foul not called under the basket, then another questionable call on GT, then another when the officials left the court with time on the clock. All in all, a bad look for officials, not just UH.

4 Likes

I plan to watch it later and review calls . . . . .

The 'Bama game was a tournament game pure and simple. Our guys will learn a lot from the video. This team is NOT the same team that will take the court in March. Having said that, I was embarrassed by the antics I saw after the game. I want our team to be thugs ON the court not OFF it. This program is getting press for all the wrong reasons.

1 Like

This is 100% facts and right mindset to have. And I complain about the refs way too much. But at the end of the day you make FTs you win

This is 100% accurate. If you watch again, Sampson is waving his arms for everybody to spread out.

Box out on those last two possessions and we win, too.

1 Like

Box out against NC State and we already have a Championship banner… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I was watching the Alabama game again.

The two late 3s we gave up to Shackelford:

*Taze Moore is guarding Davison. Shead is guarding Shackelford. Davison is going to the left corner. Shackelford is coming up to the top of the key. Shead says switch, switch. Taze is late to recognize the switch, so now he’s trailing Shackelford. Plus there was a screen on Taze. Leading to an open 3 for Shackelford. Poor communication between Shead and Taze

*Second 3 we gave up, Shead is guarding Davison. Edwards is guarding Shackelford. Davison cuts to the left corner 3. Shackelford is coming to the top of key. Same freaking play. Edwards says switch, switch. Shead is late to recognize. He gets screened at the top of the key. Leaving Shackelford with a wide open 3 at the top of the key. Poor communication between Shead and Edwards

As good of a defensive team as we are, I think there’s things we can get much better at:

*how we guard a good pick and roll

*communication between our guards Shead, Edwards, Taze, and Mark needs to be better. Sasser is our most solid defender

*Knowing not to over help, leading to open 3s.(how we guarded Johnny Davis in the 1st half vs Wisconsin. And at times, how we guarded vs Alabama)

What press are you reading?
The bama inquirer or some other fake news?
There has been a ton of press saying we got robbed. Our 18years old got pis#$d and rightfully so. It means they care. Direct your angst at the deplorable officiating crew.

2 Likes

Not so fast Coogsin4 since the last play was a non called goal tending. IT/GOAL TENDING decided the game.

1 Like