Throwback Thursday: Alridge TD vs Rice in 06

UH crowd went crazy at Rice

2 Likes

Has to be one of UH’s fastest and shiftiest backs ever…probably the fastest !

1 Like

Allen Aldridge. Anthony Alridge

2 Likes

One of my all-time favorites!

1 Like

That 2006 team and season will always be one of my favorites. All the big plays!

Re-live it in low-def…but a great vid

3 Likes

Quick 6!

4 Likes

The 2006 game against SMU was my favorite Alridge performance. He and Battle ran wild that day.

4 Likes

If I recall correctly, there were three TD runs over 50yds in that game.

1 Like

Daniel Kolb.
Gary Ward.
Anthony Aldridge.
Casey Keenum.
David Klinger.

Thankfully it’s just Ed Oliver …Olive? “Ed, I’m Pam Schwartz with the Phoenix Times-Dispatch. Now that you were selected high in the first round, anything to say to your critics who questioned you decision to attend Houston Baptist?”

1 Like

Oh yeah it was!!!

FIFY

Evidently, you don’t get it.

3 Likes

Case’s real name actually is Casey.

Lol. What the hell was CSTV? Glad we have moved on up

1 Like

I think it had something to do with CBS Sports. Maybe a channel focused solely on college sports. Low budget for sure as I recall.

Wow. Hard to believe the time has gone by. Great video of the 2006 season. Love the uniforms. Love the players. Hope life has been good to them. Hope they look back fondly on their days on Cullen Blvd.

1 Like

CSTV is still around; it’s basically colleges broadcasting their own games. Coogs use it for all sports outside of football and basketball.

CSTV had a great advantage by being virtually first to the market with on-line sports video…and totally blew it, IMHO, by pushing a subscription model instead of ad rev model. Their XXL was not worth what they were asking a month but damn, I’d have eaten it up and put up with a tonnes of ads.

1 Like

CSTV was bought out by CBS Sports.

1 Like

I watched more than one game on the ion Channel. CSTV was a step up from that. And ion was better than radio only. I liked Dukes on the play-by-play but the endless UH and Coca-Cola commercials were rough…