Tickets

“First Time” season ticket purchasers (UT fans) should have to make a massive donation to CP.

6 Likes

Hopefully they do not get too greedy, and instead, try to spend more effort filling the seats before making big price jumps.

Last year, I paid more on a per seat basis for my UH tickets than I did for my TCU tickets. Both stadiums, I have corner seats (well UH is more corner behind endzone than TCU).

1 Like

When will be asked to renew our season tickets? I received an email this afternoon from Cougarpride for those wanting in the waiting line for new tickets but nothing for existing season ticket holders.

Can anyone remember how the Cougar Pride ticket selection process goes? I have 4 season Tix and want to expand to 8. When your time slot comes up to either renew same seats or select new ones, are you allowed to add at that point?

Those were for luxury boxes and private sections, not new tix in for general seating.

2 Likes

If you have a contact in Cougar Pride I suggest you reach out and ask that question. I have had very good luck in dealing with my CP contacts over the years.If you don’t have a contact just give them a call and establish a contact.

1 Like

Just call CP and you will get someone that will help you if you don’t already have someone you deal with already. They are very helpful.

As mentioned above, calling cougar pride is the best bet.

In theory, current season ticket holders should have a chance to add additional tickets during the upgrade period before new ticket holders buy tickets, but in the past that has not happened and new season ticket holders have been able to buy seats (seats that were previously not sold) before the upgrade period began.

The problem with adding tickets in the prime areas is that the seats around you are probably already in the hands of season ticket holders. In order to get mire tickets together you will usually have to move.

I called. She said I’ll be able to add more tickets when my upgrade window opens. I’m not concerned if they’re together. The second set of tix will be for friends who want to attend. My tix are for me and my family.

It ain’t a rumor.

There will be a season ticket price to INCLUDE the UT game and another that does not…

Great way to DEFINE a) how much do you as a season ticket holder want to spend and b) it shows how much we are going to take advantage of a great pay day for hosting UT.

So boys and girls you want to pay for a hamburger…you can…and you want to pay for a filet mignon…you can as well…up to you!!!

1 Like

rv - how do you know this is the case that there will be a season ticket price to INCLUDE the UT game and another that does not? Do you have inside connections?

Here’s my take, FWIW!

I believe the chance of more orange (or even close to half) in the stadium is less than 1%.

That said, there is nothing, I repeat NOTHING more important for this fanbase, this program (maybe this university?), this year, and in this point in history considering the likely scenario that this will be the last time we will ever host the state’s flagship university in a conference game, to see that doesn’t happen. Sometimes you get one shot at something.

I don’t want to hear “we (meaning the AD) better market this” or “we (meaning the ticket office) better step it up” or “we (meaning local media) need to bring attention to this game —- yea, I know but whatevs.

Don’t want to hear anything about Jim McIngvale either, great guy but what’s a sip going to do?

WE (alumni) need to get off our collective arses and open up our wallets, FOR ONCE (and now would be a good time) and act like a we belong in “The Show”.

Just ask yourself if this game, this one game, is important to you. We can let players, staff and coaches take care of most of the rest of box score but the attendance part of the box score is on the rest of us and the box score is usually only written once.

6 Likes

Correct…that is buy the season ticket package that includes the UT game!!!

I told my wife last year, I dont care what it costs. There are three events in my life that should they happen we will be attending.

1. Houston in the final four in Houston
  2. should Houston ever make a national championship (or CFP game)
  3. Houston hosts UT football.

We have wanted this forever. Now its here. Time to stop talking about it, and time to start being about it

10 Likes

Just on a personal note:
For personal reasons like retirement, family issues, financial issues, health issues and even boycotting coaching hire issues, I haven’t had my own season tickets in a few years (been mooching off my daughters’ ST) and man I had some sweet ones at TDECU.

This year that changes and it’s changing because of this one game.

10 Likes

Mine changed in 2016 due to the OU game and 2015 success. Too many weekday games killed it for me in later years plus kids entering high school.

Johnny, I never understood anyone boycotting due to coaching hire issues. My take is, this is my school and the coaches are the hired help. They will come and go; but I will keep my tickets and attend the games as long as I am physically and financially able. It’s kind of like when people change churches because they don’t like the new pastor, my take is I was here when he came and I will be here when he leaves; but it’s my church.

Of course there are some coaches that end up being a part of the fabric of the school like Guy Lewis, Dave Williams, and Bill Yeoman; probably Kelvin Sampson will be in that club as well.

3 Likes

Water under the bridge though. I feel like this is an opportunity for all coogs to come together and say whatever happened in the past should stay there. Everyone move forward together, support this team, and lets go kick some big 12 ass

4 Likes

I don’t think this is a the time to make two different season ticket offers where one is at a premium price with the UT game included.

I understand how capitalism works and market demands, but using this angle to maximize profits for one game against UT is a very risky and near-sighted business decision.

There will be a spike in interest because it’s the Big XII and we get UT at home but what about after the initial interest dies off? What then? Will people keep renewing after 2024 at those prices?

Pez and crew need to work on a lot of things to make the game day experience great. Here a few low hanging fruit items listed below:

-Find stable vendors who can sign longer term contracts. As much as consumerism like choices, our concessions changing every season with someone new is a little irritating.

-Teach the Cougar Bites workers how to use the UH Cougar Pride points QR code in my Apple wallet. This happens to me every season. Nobody knows how to use it.

-Try not to run out of salsa for the loaded nachos before kickoff.

-Have the ROTC position the T-shirt cannon close enough to the student section so that the T-shirts actually land in the stands versus hitting the wall behind the goal post.

-Move the Alumni Association tent next to the UH Cougar pride tent and make the space larger

-Get live bands to perform at the steps of the entrance by the cougar statue.

-Add led lights inside the mesh cage and perform light shows for night games.

If I were Pez, I’d offer bargain deals on season Tix for the next couple of seasons and then start raising prices in small increments. Get them there and make the experience great. They’ll keep coming.

2 Likes