Time

So Einstein proposed, in the theory of special relativity, that as you moved through space time slowed down for you and if you could ever reach the speed of light then time for you would essentially stop. So if you travelled thought space at the speed of light to some place in the universe and came back to earth you would not have aged but everyone on earth would have. Also, he proposed that the big bang created all space and time. Which means that everything past, present and future already exists and so what we see now is just our perspective of this moment in time. We are watching this moment in time and so we see what we see in this moment, kind of like watching a movie. These folks can explain it a lot better.

So my question is, does everything still exists? Is everyone and everything still here but because we are not observing from the correct point in time, our brain does not process it? What do you guys think?

Time doesn’t exist in the supernatural.

1 Like

All I know is time is on my side and it waits for no one.

2 Likes

Could this explain:
All time zones?
What if we created a vehicle so fast and go time zones backwards?
Is this the Twilight Zone?

1 Like

Well technically if you travelled in a big enough space ship at a fast enough speed. The front would be in the past and the back would be in the future.

Our gps satellites orbit the earth at such a high speed that their clocks are adjusted bc they run slower than the ones on earth. Einstein’s special relativity can be seen in action and so I wonder if his past, present and future already existing right now all at the same time is also true. When Einstein’s friend passed away he wrote a letter to his widow that said, and I am paraphrasing here, not to worry because he still exists, her husband, he is just on the other side of the hill at a different point in time and that they will all see each other again.

Well if you look at from God’s view, he sees past, present and future all at once so that is what time really is. We’re just trapped in this time zone bc we’re limited beings in this realm. Once it the next life, time won’t exist as we see it now. The movie planet of apes from the 70s had the space crew where once in space , they didn’t age then landed and a nuclear war happened long ago then they landed. It is fascinating thinking about time. Einstein was onto something that is true .

1 Like
1 Like

It’s also why God waits a long time to do things from our point of view on time but in his realm, it’s a blink of the eye for thousands of yrs to go by. I used to think he was up there waiting each yr like us until I learned more about it. It’s why he can seemingly be patient from our perspective.

At the speed of light, we’d age slower like the planet of the apes movie.

1 Like

Its like a lot of theories, they may be true but it changes nothing about the way we’ll live our lifes in the short term.

1 Like

Time Is relative.

When you’re a child you process time differently than when you are older.

Time is different when it’s slowed down by the cold, colder it gets to absolute zero the slower.

When you’re having fun or happy, time is faster, when you’re sad, distraught or anxious times slower.

Time is something we made up to calculate how we age. It’s something used to try and quantify space but we don’t understand how to use it.

If i remember correctly all of that is true except the part where if you came back everyone would be older. All of time would stand still. Think of how we’re in a car driving 100 while someone is back at your house and how you come back and they’re still there the same age. Just a couple of minutes older. But you traveled a long distance in a short amount of time than if you walked.

1 Like