Tipping

I’ve started requesting tips for being a friendly courteous customer

1 Like

Here’s a new scam I saw on opendoor. Restaurants are now including mandatory tips on all meals. And yet they leave the tip line in. So if you aren’t reading the receipt like an accountant, you might double tip. And its not a tip if its mandatory is it?

1 Like

Had breakfast at a really cool place in Wimberly Saturday. We were a party of 6. Service was phenomenal. The waitress pointed out since we were a large group they already calculated the tip. Because service and food was so good and she pointed that out, I gave her extra…in cash.

1 Like

So the term for it is guilt tipping.

As long as people will pay it, they will ask it.

Even millennials are getting tired of tipping.

A Big Mac is over $4? Great coogeley moogeley!

A Pappas Burger? Oooof!

Pappas Cheeseburger

Fresh ground prime beef, with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, mustard & mayo prepared medium well, served with fresh-cut French fries.

$17.85

Sorry, it may be a solid burger but I’m not shelling out $18+ for one.

My client had multiple burger joints. He was making money big time but now? Crashing and burning.

I don’t eat McDonalds burgers. I do tike their pancakes and egg McMuffins…

1 Like

1 Like

Gotta fund athletics…

Question for my fellow COOGFANS. Wife and I are heading to an All Inclusive Resort in Mexico next Sunday. What is the tipping protocol at All Inclusive for both restaurants for meals and bars for drinks? I don’t want to be too low and on the other hand don’t want to go overboard.

1 Like

Take a lot of 1s. I generally tip 1 dollar per drink.

At meals I do between 5-20.

I wonder where this was from because it sure wasn’t Houston.

It looks like door dash or another delivery service.

Sales tax is 16+%, Houston has a max of 8.25%

I don’t think anyone has a sales tax rate that high.