Top 50 road wins

Coogs now have FIVE top 50 road wins. No other ranked team has more than 3.

We have as many top 50 road wins as Auburn, Kansas, South Florida, Purdue, Alabama, Duke, and Creighton combined.

What a special friggin’ team.

37 Likes

We are blessed to have a schedule to finally flex our team.

8 Likes

People are mad about TCU and Texas Tech being 8 seeds but thats more reasonable than 9 loss Alabama being a 3 when they are 3-9 in Q1 games lol

12 Likes

The Houston Cougar BB Team is only assuming it’s rightful position in the National rankings. We have the history and traditions to make the case. We are the University of Houston .
Go Coogs !

8 Likes

In CKS we trust.

2 Likes

Crazy how we’ve gotten flack for our schedule while Purdue’s has been praised. But when you actually compare it we’re both 10-3 in Q1 while they’re 6-0 and we’re 5-0 in Q2. Main difference in SOS comes from our buy games. But we’ve played virtually the same amount of challenging games with an identical level of success.

2 Likes

People tend to overvalue OOC but with how that Maui field looked whoever won that was going to get heaps of praise regardless.

It’s not as egregious as people turning a blind eye about UConn’s schedule when they were much closer to us schedule/resume wise then they were to Purdue even before we beat Baylor imo

1 Like

Purdue has better wins than us. not all quad 1 wins are equal

1 Like

Agreed - also fair to look at losses in same light. Purdue’s Ohio State loss is a little smelly.

5 Likes

Agreed!

We have 3 losses by an average of 6 points to teams ranked 8th, 18th, and 38th.

Purdue has 3 losses by an average of 8 points to teams ranked 43rd, 53rd, and 60th.

5 Likes

Marginally better. At the end of the day though the schedules are very comparable and the main reason for the difference in our SOS ratings is that the bad teams they played are only kind of bad instead of really bad.

2 Likes

They beat the current #4, 5, 6, 13 and 14. We are 1-1 vs #8 and 0-1 vs #7. What are you talking about?

Top Subdivision of Quad 1 - Top 25
UH 2-2
Purdue 6-0

Absolutely correct.

Sure and we have wins over 8, 12, and 13 with the last two coming on the road. Purdue doesn’t have anywhere near the amount of road wins over tourney teams as we do. I think they have two top 50 road wins (Wisky and Maryland), only one of which is currently projected in the field. So I think the resumes are much closer than people realize. And our losses don’t matter because they’re significantly better than Purdues losses.

1 Like

Here’s hoping they lose @Illinois

1 Like

As an aside where were you getting the quad 1a breakdown? Torvik shows us at 5-3 and Purdue at 7-0?

1 Like

i made that myself for illustration purposes of how their wins are truly top tier wins

Not knocking their wins but I don’t think you’re valuing our road wins as highly as you ought to. All good though. It’s ultimately not that significant. Both teams have great resumes and are locks for the 1 line.

Overall I don’t think our resumes are significantly different either. But Purdue is the lone team that has shown they can beat anyone this year. They have also shown they can lose to lesser teams

1 Like

Can you break out the records for Quad 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 1G, and 1H? :wink:

Purdue’s record against top competition is impressive.

A potential UH - Purdue matchup just got harder for the Coogs. Lath’s size would be interesting against Edey, but lack of experience would be terrifying.

1 Like