Tramon Mark - was struggling

Last 4 games. If Tramon Mark doesn’t snap out of this offensive struggle, UH is in big trouble. He needs to drive to the basket more. Tramon got the message, in the nick of time.

NCAA tournament.
9-17, 0-4 (3s), 26 pts.
2-8, 0-4 (3s).
11- 25, 0-8 (3s).

AAC tournament.
3-10, 0-1.
2-8, 0-2.
1-10, 1-4.
6-28, 1-7 (3s).

3 Likes

Stop recruiting players with zero jump shot ability

3 Likes

His nickname is literally mid range mark. What the f&ck are you talking about

10 Likes

Tramon Mark needs to stop shooting long jumpers.

4 Likes

I like Mark’s game but he has not brought it tonight.

This made my night!

2 Likes

But he is playing our best defense.

6 Likes

Tramon Mark knocked down 2 mid range jumpers.

2 Likes

He plays defense.

We gave up only 52.

8 Likes

Tramon’s defense was elite tonight. He is a liability on offense though. Ramon Walker-esque

6 Likes

There were a couple of fast breaks he should have went straight to the hole but took mid range jumper instead

5 Likes

They ran an odd zone and only made a quick presence at the top of the key and ran that defender quickly under the basket. I think they were trying to force passes and had defenders slashing where they know we pass.

They played tenaciously outside and used quickness to suck back toward the paint.

…but I am no expert, just how I saw/perceived some plays.

Whatever they ran on defense they were super quick getting set up. They left 2 behind most of t he time, not a full press per se, just harassment.

They were quick, athletic, and fearless for the most part.

Again, no expert but it looked like they had a good plan to me, whatever it was.

3 Likes

That one near the end of the game where it was a 4 on 2 and he had Walker AND Roberts on either side of him streaking to the basket and he bricked a 15-foot pull-up jumper instead of driving all the way to the hole and finishing or dishing for an easy layup almost made me throw my computer out of the window.

2 Likes

Mark is going through a tough stretch offensively, no question. He just needs to grind it out, play good D, take open shots and not turn the ball over. If he does that, Sampson will be happy.

It will eventually turn. UH needs his game to stay competitive.

3 Likes

If Tramon gets his feet set for his threes, I think they will start to go in. He was taking a lot of off balanced shots last night that were flat out bricks.

4 Likes

He had a great first half at zmemhis in the last regular season game. He has struggled since, hopefully his slump ends Saturday.

Frankly he is not strong or athletic enough to drive the lane for layups. His pull up jumper in the lane is about his best shot right now.
He gets his shots blocked inside too much thus he is reluctant to drive.
He is definitely in a shooting funk right now and all we can do is hope he breaks out of it very soon

this, shoot from the elbow not the 3 pt line

He is going to have to step up considering how short-handed they are now. (Captain Obvious)

He just needs better, or maybe just wiser, ball handling skills. He seems to lose the ball, stolen or otherwise, too often while dribbling. He fixes that and he’s elite.

1 Like