Transfer portal 2024

I always believed that the Horford incident was the final straw for GuyV. Sad times.

1 Like

There is a numbers crunch right now. We already know that a player has been moved to walk on status (most likely Lath). We could add another player from the portal but that would mean someone already on the team has to enter.

Neither would come in expecting any minutes…preach to them on open competition
Neither are dominant enough to demand or being upset at not getting 30 mins a game on a top 3 team

As for ships there are 3/players on roster we don’t expect much minutes from…we can make room for a former #1 player

1 Like

Why don’t you think he would start?

He started on Kentucky a team better than Oklahoma…
and he had pretty similar total stats to uzan despite us an have more minutes

I mean yeah from a strictly business stand point we absolutely can find away. But there’s going to an issue of credibility going forward if that happens. Just like Herman going mercenary, you can’t preach “family” and cut a guy’s throat.

2 Likes

Uzan is a true pg and he meshes better with Cryer’s game. He didnt leave Oklahoma to be a back up. Wagner was a bust in UK and was no where as good as Sheppard & Rob as freshman guards.

Neither did Dunn :sweat_smile:

Dillon Mitchell is only a possibility if TA leaves. Even then I don’t see him coming here. There isn’t any connections to Wagner so I don’t see him coming here either.

I dont think he was going to start over Sharp, Cryer or Shead. Lets be real papi chulo.

If Wagner had a different last name I don’t think we would even be discussing him. I hope he goes somewhere where he can work on his game without the pressure.

Let’s not be revisionist

Dunn was a multi-year all conference transfer in his 5th college year… who was averaging 16pts a game

At that point in time, sharp was a rotational backup who we didn’t feel confident giving heavy minutes to versus great teams…

At this point last year Dunn was 100% going to start … if we comp how Dunn was perceived last year to how uzan is now, Dunn came in more touted

1 Like

No agenda in here but everyone was saying Sharp was going to start and Dunn was looked at as the 6th man coming off the bench.

Just like everyone is saying about Uzan being a starter.

I don’t think everyone thought Sharp would start, in fact Dunn did start at the beginning of the year.

9 Likes

Man, I’m done. Preach to DJ on “open competition” when he’ll have no less than 15 suitors(some offering $$$) guaranteeing the starting gig is his. DJ isn’t dominant, yet you made sure to include that he is a “former #1 player”… you literally just type stuff up as you fancy.

Lemme leave you alone in that Imaginary World you live in and put you on ignore. Cuz I feel foolish for continuing to respond to you. No more. I fault MYself.

Nate

That’s revisionist… no one saw sharp as the starter…
If I’m flat honest most saw arcenueax over sharp too, from the draft stuff

Sharp averaged less than 14minutes a game, in games that were close … who only averaged 5pts per game
no one thought Dunn, a 3 year starter, 2x all conference (23 and 22), 1x all freshmen was (21) was coming of the bench for sharp… you are looking at sharp now

please do
and yes “former #1” to show his potential… i acknowledge grimes potential often by noting he was a former 5star all american… but i was still capable of acknowledging he was a work in progress and not dominant… grimes wasnt even the full year starter his 1st year here…grimes had options too

Grimes was local

Wagner wouldn’t follow the pattern for transfers that come to UH. We didn’t play against him or recruit him in HS.

3 Likes

I believe 5th year Covid exception players do not count towards scholarship limits. Roberts, Cryer, and Wilson are each using this exception. With Uzan coming in, we could have two scholarships available (i.e up to 16 scholarships this year but back down to 13 next year).

Shead and Dunn’s departures make way for the two incoming HS recruits.

I think that was only for 1 season as far as I know we are maxed out at 13/13 scholarships right now.

10 Likes