Transfer portal 2024

Mylik has HOPS!!! Anyone remember what his vertical was? Legit rebounder

1 Like

Like 42-44 inches I think

Shead has another year. Don’t know if he wants to come back, but make him an NIL offer he cannot refuse :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Just gonna have to disagree with each other on this one….he just doesn’t look comfortable to me as a natural PG.
Whether he starts and gets 30 minutes or 15 off the bench should not affect the way you play….as a player you play to maximize your abilities and if you do you earn more and more time….

CKS does not have some Ferrari here that he’s keeping in the garage….Mylik has been here awhile….Sampson has had plenty of time to see what he is and isn’t as a player……if he were a Big 12 quality starting PG he would have been out there a ton more the last couple of seasons.

But again, just my opinion.

1 Like

Yeah we disagree. Sampson has Option A then option B then option C with how he runs his offense and who gets the most of the touches. Put Mylik in a different offense and he probably looks like a completely different player. @Coog1992 and I definitely think that he could start for a P6 team.

what?? MW doesn’t have the skillset to be good on offense no matter what offense you put him in

-cant shoot, only reliable in a midrange
-cant dribble and pass like an elite, or even a good point guard should have

his strengths, and why he gets minutes

-good on ball defender, only weakness is gets lost on switches sometimes, or rotates slow
-athletic freak, which is why hes a great rebounding guard

he is not and never will be a starting point guard, and that’s ok he has other ways to contribute

1 Like

Way to rag on one of our own. Sometimes I wish there was a dislike button on this site. Smh

6 Likes

We need Mylik Wilson to continue to play good if UH wants to sniff a FF and make a deep run.

3 Likes

You just don’t know your history, a simple Google search will go a long way. How do you think Wilson caught Sampson’s eye in the first place?

1 Like

Absolutely needs those minutes from him….

Wait till Sampson dusts off the Ol’ box and one with
Mylik as the Mongoose….lol

1 Like

I bet Cincy :basketball: has decent NIL…

If you’ve never been to Cincy… There ain’t much there to do… It’s po-dunk compared to the H!

1 Like

https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Basketball/TransferPortalTop/

As transfer season approaches, reminder that transfer rankings can be overrated. For example:

We just played Oklahoma.

Jalon Moore had 14pts & 10 rebs (ranked #278 in the portal last off-season)

Rivaldo Soares had 16pts (ranked #280)

Le’Tre Darthard had 15pts (ranked #292)

1 Like

Was a 4* recruit. He went to HS in North Carolina :thinking:

2 Likes

Harvard? Think he can make the cut academically at UH? Of course, the question has to be asked, is he 7" tall?

5 Likes

That was the most points Darthard has scored all year, he’s not a good player. Soares is decent and Moore is very good, though, so I’d say the rankings are basically a total crapshoot since 3 equally ranked players have had 3 completely different quality seasons.

@pwb87 not a good player? :thinking:

For the season hes 38.1% from 3pt.

Thats nice to have coming off your bench.

Darthard is a Mylik Wilson type, getting 20 minutes per game usually. Not going to put up huge stats in that role

I do agree the rankings are crap shot. Tennyson for TCU. Ranked #311. Has shot 43% from 3pt this yr. Good player

He’ll fit right in at the Harvard of the South, UH.

1 Like

Justice Ajogbor is from Arden, NC, same town as Caleb Mills.

Duke has 3 5 stars and 2 4 stars including a 7’-2" center from Africa. How do we compete against that next year?

I may be wrong, but I don’t think Mylik will be here next year.

3 Likes