Tribute to a great Coog

Sadly, Lee Smith passed away yesterday. She was a great lady, wife, mom, quiet and unassuming… While we have thousands of alums that will not drive in from the suburbs for games, she and her family consistently drove in from Waxachie. She and her family, husband Mike, son Tate, et al were active in the Dallas area Cougar club and supported UH through thick and thin. She will be greatly missed.

20 Likes

Thoughts and prayers. Rest In Peace.

2 Likes

Condolences to the family. Rest peacefully

1 Like

Great family! Prayers for Mike.

Prayers to the Smith family and all of their friends. RIP Mrs. Smith.

Thank you for letting us know. God Bless her and the entire family.

RIP Mrs. Smith. Condolences to the Smith family.

I never had the pleasure of knowing that lady, but I have to ask: was she kin to Bo Smith, past chairman of our Board of Regents?

Many prayers and Gods blessing on the family. RIP

Did Not have the pleasure to meet Lee & her family who are dedicated Cougars.
Received word today we lost another great dedicated Cougar. Frank Cole’s obituary’s is in today’s
Chronicle. Frank & wife Betty & son Jason have supported our University for many years. Frank typifies many Cougars who worked during the day & took courses at night to obtain a Mechanical Engineering degree. We have enjoyed many Cougar Highs & a few character building times with the Coles. RIP

1 Like

My deepest sympathies for the Lee Smith family. I thank her and family for their allegiance to UH.

I would like to suggest an online Arlington Cemetery type of recognition for long time UH supporters. They should be remembered longer than a post that fades into obscurity.

Does Coogfans.com have a Hall of Fame for deserving players and/or fans?

My deepest condolences, thoughts and prayers to the grieving family. Rest In Peace, Mrs. Smith.

Condolences to the Lee’s, long-time loyal and committed supporters of UH. The entire Smith family, including Lee, a very sweet and wonderful person, helped found and actively support many UH activities in the DFW area. Our most sincere thoughts and prayers are with her and the family.

Many thoughts and prayers to the Cole family. RIP

Thoughts and prayers to both the Smith and Cole families.

Two great families. During the CBY era, when fans were allowed to attend practice, Frank would drive home from work and bring his son back to practice.

1 Like

So sorry to hear. A very sweet lady.