Tulsa Memphis game

Yup.

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1341219947461177346?s=21

1 Like

I dont think penny even said anything during the timeout, I only saw a assistant talking to the players

I know we should want Memphis to be good for the sake of our SOS but personally I’m glad that Penny has turned into a bust. I hate Memphis!

4 Likes

Every time I watch Memphis my appreciation for our staff goes up. We have a top 5-10 coach in America.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1341220474009862144?s=20

7 Likes

Memphis looked unstructured. They are disappointing for a team with a very high recruiting ranking.

Great matchup would be Memphis vs Kentucky in the Entitled Classic!

10 Likes

So Memphis wants 5 additional years of this garbage?

Penny Extension

2 Likes

Lionel Richie says Memphis – Penny Lover! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I noticed that last year. Penny either can’t or doesn’t coach. His recruiting class rankings are falling and unlike CKS Penny hasn’t shown he can coach them up. We need Memphis to be good but I don’t see it. I can’t believe they signed him for another five years.

2 Likes

Can anyone say Clyde Drexler??!

3 Likes

By the time it ends…Derrick Rose will be ready to be Memphis next coach!

Tubby Smith could win with those Memphis players.

4 Likes

I actually think Penny is trying.

3 Likes

I think you’re right Sphinx. I believe Penny is a very passive head coach…and what Memphis needs right now is someone overflowing with passion…like a Dan Hurley.

1 Like

Just when I thought I couldn’t hate Memphis any more…

8 Likes

I was thinking this the entire time. If only Clyde had AAU connections back then. Alton Ford was a get. We had great talent and an arrogant nba hall of gamer coming back to coach for the first time…Memphis thought they could reinvent the wheel that we polished up for them?

1 Like

Just an awful game to watch. How many missed free throws by both teams? smh And watching Penny on the sideline with absolutely no emotion. He just looks like he’s watching some guys playing basketball instead of yelling and showing them what they need to do to win a game.

2 Likes

Memphis had more TOs than made FGs.

1 Like

I think Clyde’s attitude was a reaction to the total lack of support given by the administration–no money for anything.

1 Like