Tune

Studded list!

Tune has played better than any qb we have had the past two weeks since David Klingler other than Case.

Hes throwing the ball really well. Could be setting up for a really special senior season.

1 Like

Yep. We’ve had some great ones don the Scarlet and White.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I never said that. I said I was pretty fed up with posters like you making the conversation about other posters rather than the Coogs. “LOL”

2 Likes

It seemed implied from a post you made. If that wasn’t what you were saying then I apologize for the misunderstanding.

A perfect QBR rating would be 100. So 91.6 is really good.

1 Like

I have never seen a QB throw so well while floating backwards. In fact Tune may throw better off his back leg. That Herslow TD was amazing by both players. The Singleton TD also showed how cool Tune is under attack. I actually am starting to see an NFL type QB.

4 Likes

He was not averaging 3/4 turnover a game for any significant string of games.

I think you said he was literally the worst D1 QB at any school in the last twenty years.

I’m generally cool with whenever someone wants to jump on the bandwagon but I’m not sure if “he just needed to play better and now he is” works here.

3 Likes

He was atrocious the past couple of years and atrocious in the Tech game this year. That’s not really debatable. He injured his leg in game 2 and miraculously grew into a much better QB because of it. That happened. I suffered through all his terrible QB play, and I’m going to enjoy his play now that he’s no longer a turnover machine. That’s what fan do. Suffer through the bad time and enjoy the good times.

4 Likes

I’m not going to argue with you beyond this post but he absolutely was not atrocious for the entirety of the past couple of years. He was really bad in the Tech game but last year and the first few games this year he was up and down and on the whole was roughly an average FBS QB.

That’s why I’m not letting you completely off the hook saying you were just keeping accountable or whatever when someone calls scoreboard now. Someone doesn’t go from worst QB in D1 history to good QB over the span of like 3 games.

There is a difference between legitimately critiquing the guy and being a hater who incessantly bashed him outside the scope of reality.

4 Likes

The only miracle that I believe in are from above. Clayton has always been good but never “put it” together until a few games ago. The cliche of “the game is slowing down to him” is highly appropriate. He is maturing before our eyes and it usually happens that way when a good/great prospect work at his craft. I always thought he had great potential. He is taking a big step this year.

3 Likes

Well good news is for all that suffering you endured, Cougar Pride is about to get a $500 donation :grinning:

4 Likes

Honestly my only real issue with him was the turnovers. He was the equivalent of Matt Shuab at the end of his Texans career. It wasn’t just that they were turning it over, their turnovers were resulting in 6 points for the other team. Since Tune had 4 turnovers in the second half of Tech, he probably only has 2 for the other 8 games. I said before the season, if he doesn’t t turn the ball over, we are going to win a lot of games. That’s been the difference.

1 Like

One more win , and I’ll make the donation.

1 Like

When Keenum and Kolb were in the game you knew that they could lead the team back, no matter how bad the score was. They were winners and everyone knew it. That has been missing at U of H for a while. Seeing Tune and the team since the Tech game grow and develop I am beginning to get the same feeling. Watching the post game press conference last last night Tune looked like the real deal who is developing into a really good player with the help of his teammates. I am starting to have confidence that the team is learning how to win and overcome adversity. When you see CDH on the sidelines you see a coach who wants to win. I hope this is the start of something big. Imagine being nationally ranked in football and basketball.
Christmas came early.

10 Likes

The whole offense has begun to play well. I noticed Tune has been throwing it to different receivers. For one, it keeps them paying attention, and second, defenses have to decide whether to double cover Dell or not. Add to that our backs seem to be getting yardage when we need it.

That’s just simply not true and such a lazy take. Tune played bad against UCF and cincy last year. Played great against BYU, USF, Memphis, Navy and Tulane. You were just overly hating, and that’s why people keep bringing up the haters. Because y’all just wouldn’t stop and kept beating the kid up.

3 Likes

The turning point with Tune was the pass against Navy that won the game.

He is a legit QB now and probably a preseason all American next year. Bravo Clayton.

1 Like

Woah . . . . I would say he is making a debate vs Ward, but to outright say he is better is a lot.