Tune

Just think where we might be if the “I like Ike” or “anyone but Tune” posters had gotten their way.

At least we haven’t seen anymore “they are playing better because I booed them” posts

Not to mention Tunes football career would have been toast.

4 Likes

The team did seem to turn it around after the Navy half where they were booed and Holgi got into an argument with the fans. Perhaps it is coincidence and perhaps not.

Fantastic game now.
This QBR number is non sense
Can someone on this planet explain to me how he only got 91.6?

QBR of 91.6 is actually very good…it’s a lot different than passer rating.

1 Like

Agree with you but I have seen QBR higher with lesser numbers.

That’s because yelling at drunk fans is a bona fide winner every single time. Its the hallmark of a great coach and I fully endorse it.

3 Likes

Tune was ranked #4 for week 10.

1 Like

Whatever gets the job done!

Sorry but if I’m pointing to a turnaround moment for the team, its the throw Tune had to start the 4th quarter against Navy. When he stood in the pocket and took that shot I knew we had a QB. Outscoring opponents 228-138 since.

6 Likes

Sounds like we are both pointing to the second half versus Navy…

Yah but I’m not giving credit to booing fans. Also I thought you decided to leave the board? Lol

If booing fans had anything to do with helping a college football team achieve success, then UT would be competing for the national championship this year.! LOL

5 Likes

Considering it only goes to 100, it couldn’t have been too much higher.

Wow, is this true??

https://twitter.com/BrokenRene/status/1457215765451616257?s=20

Ward ran it in a lot and only started two and half years, so not that surprising. Happy for Clayton though. His growth this year has been as impressive of an in season transformation as I’ve seen from a UH QB.

Ward started more games that Tune has so far in his career.

1 Like

Yah I think Ward had 7 more games as a starter. So Tunes up on him by 1 in passing TDs and trailing by 28 in rushing TDs as a QB. Like I said Ward ran it in a lot.

1 Like

His junior year has surpassed that of Kevin Kolb, who had much more talent around him, especially the offensive line

2 Likes

Tune’s mastery of CDH’s system continues to progress but I am wondering:
I know we have some plays designed to handle the blitz but can Tune audible at the line into those if he sees it coming? That was one of Andre and Klinger’s great talents.

Pass TDs
Case Keenum 155
David Klingler 91
Kevin Kolb 85
Andre Ware 75
Clayton Tune 53
Greg Ward Jr. 52
D’Eriq King 50
Rush TDs
Greg Ward Jr. 39
Kenneth Farrow 34
Charles Sims 29