Twinmom why are some of our December

I’m imagining that after one of the TCU flips/JUCOs came here, a bunch followed.

Bernard was a tough one to lose. Has done well at Baylor. Came from LaPorte H.S., I grew up across the street n went to College–SHSU w the Head Coach-- Football for LaPorte at the time.

2 Likes

He and Derek became really good friends during all the camps they did together. I am happy he’s done so well at Baylor. He is such a good kid. I hope to hear his name called out during the draft.

1 Like

Oh very nice

Derek would know better, but if the DC had been hired ( I’m old n name is escaping me ) vs Applewhite, there was decent chance he would have honored his orig Commitment to UH. I’ll leave it there… old news as they say.

1 Like

Todd Orlando, and most likely he would have stayed .

2 Likes

Thks, I pride myself on knowing my Coog stuff across the board n for last 10 mins I still couldn’t thk of his name :grin:-- I refused to look up. I knew u would tell me. Ty

1 Like

I only know because that’s who recruited Derek along with Coach Pope

2 Likes

Was Coach Pope going to turn Derek into Fullback. :laughing::grin:. I remember Pope as RB Coach if that’s correct. Glad it worked out for both gentlemen.

1 Like

Yes, Pope was RB coach, but he was the recruiter for our area. I believe all the way down to Galveston.

3 Likes