@twinmom

My husband always jokes that “she may be small, but she can still take you out” I’m 5’4 with a 6’4 attitude sometimes😏

10 Likes

Thank you :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I am truly sorry to hear what Derek has gone through to play . You give us an inside perspective that shows the caliber of the heroic young men playing for us. We must not forget they are human beings and suffer accordingly .

6 Likes

WOW! Talk about a warrior, that is really tough.

2 Likes

Thank you. So many play with pain and injury, but play through the season anyway. Don’t know how they do it sometimes.

4 Likes

Yeah, thanks for sharing. We, as a never played fan, don’t even have a clue all the wear and tear
these young men go thru. Kinda makes me question if I even have the right to ever boo the
team and players.

2 Likes

Twinmom punches way above her weight.

3 Likes

You don’t. Only boo the refs for badly blown calls or the opponents for cheap shots.

3 Likes

That may not always be a good thing lol! I’m actually not as outspoken as I appear to be on here. Only when it comes to defending my boys or my students, any child actually. That’s just the teacher in me.

11 Likes

I am the same way as a grandfather with children. All children, not just mine.

3 Likes

Thank you for calling them children instead of “kids” which I know is common or acceptable. CBY never used the term. I find it a little pejorative. Child, youngster, young man or young lady or to be more accurately descriptive of age:infant, toddler; schoolboy, schoolgirl, adolescent. I have suggested this to lawyers and law students I have taught and some have suggested I am being too picky or critical but people do judge us on the words we use. It’s the same principle for why I do not use the word, “cop” preferring “police officer” or “law enforcement”.
Anyway thanks again for showing class and good taste with your language.

4 Likes

Thank you .

1 Like

That just means you like terms that come from the Latin (Romance Language) side of English as opposed to the the Germanic side.

1 Like

The German terms I like are applestruddle, weinersnitzel, blutwurst, beef short ribs and sauerbraten.

4 Likes

und affelkucken…