U Cincinnati 18th straight sellout today -- What's wrong with Us?

We had an undefeated regular season but not overall undefeated season.

When i say regular season i mean pre-bowl, not conference season

Ya we went 11-0 in 2011 but lost the championship game. So we were undefeated in the regular season.

1 Like

Cause we do not have a program coach. We have a dude utterly comtemptuous of managing a program and everything it entails. UCF and Cincy manage a program.

If Herman were here, we’d have all of that.

No, I think Herman’s stick would have ran dry after 3 years. I really think he wouldn’t have worked out long term.

1 Like

Okay. Whoever. I think you get what I’m saying.

1 Like

Yes I do and basically I agree with all of it.

1 Like

Big programs are different. UCF and Cincy trying very hard to be big programs. Granted they’re never going to be Ohio State or Florida, but they’re trying. We are not. We arent even trying to be Tech, who can fill 50k in Lubbock (queue the Houston’s got more things going on crowd - suggest you look at Ann Arbor and Michigan).

Just go to those campuses and it will be clear. I have. Well at least Ohio State.

1 Like

I head UCONN has a dairy bar that makes some of the best ice creams and cheeses in New England. UCONN is also a great place to tailgate where fans have many options to choose from as far as bars and restaurants.

2 Likes

And that’s cool. Do we have anything cool?

1 Like

More entertainment options in Houston than Cincy. Just boils down to that. And no shot to Cincy it’s a great city in all respects. When it’s not winter

2 Likes

Wow. Let’s just stop playing. We should tell UCLA and USC this and share our wisdom. Maybe the Horns too given Austin’s got too much going on to deal with them.

It’s a fanbase issue and not a metro issue. The sooner people embrace it, the sooner it can be fixed. At least Herman tried.

4 Likes

Thanks for the correction. Technically I said pre bowl and conference championship is pre bowl but agree that would be an undefeated regular season. I’d forgotten that.

Doesn’t negate the fact that UCF and UC both had more consistent and and more recent success. We didn’t even win our conference with undefeated regular season unlike UC and UCF. So i still don’t think its close to apples to apples.

1 Like

Oh no I absolutely agree with you. Houston has and always will be a show me city. You want us to show up win games.

5 Likes

That is an excellent analysis. Most other cities where I have been to other CFB games there were always restaurants and bars to go to before or after the game. You can make a day out of the game.

All the parking near the stadium needs to be for tailgating. That is what made playing at the Rob great. We would get there a few hours early and find our friends. Now they are scattered literally miles apart.

6 Likes

One thing that puzzles me about our attendance is the number of people that can’t get in their seats by kickoff time. It would be understandable on a workday but it doesn’t seem to matter what day or time.
You have to wait until at least the end of the first quarter to judge the attendance.

1 Like

Know The Rob had to be replaced but the tailgate experience there was light years ahead of TDECU. Thought it sucked when the parking garage took out the Yellow Lot…little did we know. Miss those days and great people

2 Likes

I knew…it. Was the first thing I said when they decided to locate the garage there. Then they put the practice facility in the way of the downtown view. Brilliant.

Cincys attendance is only that good because they’re just coming off the best 5-6 year stretch in program history. They rarely sold out their stadium back when Tubervile was there.

1 Like

I thought being in a P5 conference would prove to be the difference, but after this year, I have learned to accept the fact that we have one of the WEAKEST fan bases in college football.

I didn’t want to believe it, but this year proved that fans won’t even show up to see other P5 teams in our stadium. It’s pretty sad actually.

5 Likes