UH 2025 Recruiting

Coaching change……seems like we are coming in late?

I agree that we have “all the elements to be a top 10% NIL school nationally “

It’s a matter of having the right people in place to shake those trees……who do we have in place?

Do we have someone focusing on all of the big companies that call Houston home?

Seems like as important as NIL is now we should have an entire staff set up whose sole focus was NIL.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard if LinkingCoogs replaced Logan Holgorsen for the football NIL? Get a dynamite individual with a proven track record of fundraising experience and let them loose in the city. With CWF as head coach, you have a lot more to work with than the previous head coach.

I posted on the Site Feedback thread that CoogFans should have a dedicated NIL thread, either for all sports, or for each sport individually. That way, we have links to fundraising events, merch, or contact information. CoogFans has a target market that LinkingCoogs needs to reach.

I still maintain there is a lot of untapped potential in this city and Southeast Texas.

1 Like

Right that’s why right now the statement of our NIL being number 4 in the group is little more than wishing right now. Potentially we could be right on up there, but currently there is not any current evidence suggesting we’re in the same ballpark as any of those schools.

It’s not a good metric by any stretch but On3 did a program NIL ranking valuation and we were ranked DFL in the P5. Everyone on that list was almost double our valuation. Again it’s a bad metric and little more than a best guess situation but if the best guess is last I doubt we’re currently the 4th best on his list in that regard.

2 Likes

Wonder why Goesling can’t run the NIL for the whole athletic department?

He’s doing more than just UH now.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TThomas06x/status/1748077623798841383?t=bc7g4yu-TPpCfIs7s4S61Q&s=19

Not sure if this means a commitment or not.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TThomas06x/status/1731444995448582270?t=deCgod_tnYAg5st7qUZF-w&s=19

Here were his final 8 teams. Need dig deeper on this one.

3 Likes

Don’t think we can out spend the other 7 schools. Maybe OU. LOL

Impressive list

1 Like

Reading the tea leaves, it appears we are hosting a junior day and he will be there

4 Likes

Thank you! I see that now on upper rt corner on his pic. I did hear prior that Coach Fritz had several recruits coming to Sat Basketball gm vs UCF. Makes sense.

1 Like

It would be nice to get a couple of commits and start this class off with a bang

4 Likes

I guess “Locked in” doesn’t mean what it used to?

1 Like

In this case I think it means he is locked in to coming to junior day next weekend

3 Likes

Yeah, once I saw the Junior day referenced you are correct.

I’m not too quick on the uptake.

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:. Yea my wife is still amazed at the info I I’m able to get on Social media. Old School me! :grin:

Edit: still only been on facebook once in my life! It was for Coog Golf tourney that going to be shown Live on Facebook. :smiley:

1 Like

I thk this is exactly what Coach Fritz says he’s going to do. Build trusting relationships from within the H.S. and he’ll sign one or 2 5 Star recruits every couple yrs. Build the Foundation.

3 Likes

I wish we would sign 1 or 2 five star. I don’t see it.

You don’t see signing a 5 Star in next 2-3 yrs?

I know one thing he’s going to try like He…
He’s going to the plate swinging at least. Unlike on the DL as prev coach was.

4 Likes