UH Baseball 2024: At Texas Tech (April 5-7)

TT is 54th in RPI.
UH 71st.

No Jelkin ? Saving him for SAM ?

UH has the starters but errors and bullpen always the issue.

“Tech center fielder Damian Bravo (.436, two home runs, 32 runs batted in) is the Big 12 leader in average.”

2 Likes

I really am awed by your commitment to this team. If I think about it or I happen to be in espn+ I will turn them on and watch. But I haven’t been able to plan to watch this season. Such is my disappointment. But it’s nice to know people still believe in and support our teams when they’re doing poorly.

6 Likes

Decided to turn the game on before the Astros. What happened to Tech? I thought Tadlock had them rolling. Also, pretty sparse crowd for a team that’s been really good the last decade.

TT up 3-0 after one. On to the Stros.

5 Likes

3-3

Top of the 4th

Pitching change for Tech

1 out

Coogs hsve runners on 1st and 3rd

7-3 UH B4

8-5 T5

Now 9-8 tt after 5.

Yikes. Onto spring ball.

Got caught stealing.

9-9

Same way the top of the 5th ended.

Holy crap was that some pathetic defense by CF. Mickey Mouse ball.

TT scores three with two outs on a single, WP and error in center. Down 12-9 thru 7.

2 Likes

Great AB to start the 9th. Down 0-2 in the count and our guy jumps out of the way on an inside hanging off-speed pitch like it was a 100mph heater. Goes ahead and takes a fastball down the pipe on the next pitch for strike 3. Weak ground ball and k on a ball in the turf to end it. I knew I shouldn’t have tuned in.

2 Likes

Final: TT 12 UH 9

TT reliever pitched final 3 innings 9 up 9 down. :face_exhaling:

I gave the Coogs a shot, watched a pathetic 7th inning by the Coogs. Switched over to the women’s Final Four, which was more enjoyable than Cougar baseball. :sob:

2 Likes

Or could be another case of TW trying to out smart himself……which isn’t hard.

I mean , why would you pitch the guy with the best stuff on your team?

Unless he is hurt there is no excuse.

That made me laugh.

Yeah, in high D-1 you would not think a kid would jump out of the way of a CB.

This trend keeps on going… acquire lead until late relievers…

1 Like

Defense positioned now to avoid huge errors but costing them double plays & giving up extra bases regularly.

Yup.
Hitting .235 in Big12 overall but clutch enough for more wins but this rancid bullpen.

The inability to self scout is scary. They ran it back with some bad AAC pitchers.
No options but to use them.

1st inning Game 2.
Guy on 2nd. UH rocket to 3d line. Snagged & UH runner gets caught off 2nd.
(Called safe on replay)
Cannot take off from 2nd w just 1 out.
Its like this every game.

UH needed a few more w bases loaded.
Ace slowing down. Under .240 now in B12.

B3 UH 2-0
Left them loaded twice.

3 Likes