UH Baseball 2024: Lamar (Mar 26)

What are we looking for from our Houston Cougars after the K-State sweep?

A help wanted ad.

6 Likes

For the season to end and a new coach

4 Likes

My interest level has dropped off the table.

I still believe this team has enough talent to be in that group of teams that would be considered “on the bubble”….that group of teams (10-15 ) that miss out on tourney but were at least in the discussion.

I think we have 2-3 games in non-con that could have been won and another 1-2 conference games….not saying these were guaranteed wins but games where crappy coaching decisions ensured they were losses.

This is not even accounting for all the bone headed base running mistakes, throwing the ball to the wrong base, etc.

Those are from poor coaching……you either didn’t spend the time on situational baseball or you are allowing it to go unchecked……because we see some of the same mistakes over and over.

And the lineup is baffling some games….there are some guys that have had plenty of AB’s and have not produced….move on to the next guy and give him a chance….i mean, you recruited all these guys on the bench….if they don’t warrant a chance to try and perform better than guys hitting.200 or less then why are they on your team?

Baffling.

5 Likes

Only Mid 4th but this is not great for morale.
UH on 4th pitcher. Lamar up 4-2 & lucky its that close.

Tulimero back. 7 games this season.

Edit:
T4
Bases loaded HBP, Walk, Passed Ball.
UH 5-4.

1 Like

Coogs Win!

6-4 Coogs

5 Likes

Great win!!

2 Likes

Coogs ended Lamar’s winning streak at 13 games. It was the longest in the nation.

Go Coogs!

2 Likes

I’ll go order my CWS tickets now.

2 Likes