UH Baseball Mediocrity Continues

Financial necessities would be the only reason for keeping him past this year, and even that’s debatable.

1 Like

I have met Whitting a few times and he is a great dude. In that respect, I wouldn’t wish him or his family to lose their job, or anyone for that matter. As a fan though, I wouldn’t mind seeing the program go in another direction and get a fresh start.

2 Likes

Unfortunately in most spots being nice isn’t always enough. Alot of coaches who are good people just simply don’t cut it.

1 Like

Give me a cantankerous Graham type any day. Just win, baby.

And Frank Anderson was at UH from 2013-17. What caused him to leave? I realize he’s at UT-K so maybe they made him a great offer.

We’re 51-51 in last three years and 115-106-1 in conference over Todd’s 10+ years.

2 Likes

I think it was about money and resources. IIRC, he had a kid in high school while he was here and wanted to get them through before moving on. It was the perfect situation to keep him around but wasn’t going to last forever.

$EC

Barring a miracle run, there is no way that Whitting will survive this year. He would not have survived last year had COVID not intervened. Further, even if we gave him another year we would not be extending him which would make recruiting for the next year impossible putting us another year behind.

The school should reassign him giving him an incentive to find another job that mitigates his buyout? If he wants to stay in coaching I believe he would try really hard to find a new job rather than stay at UH in a different capacity.

2 Likes

He should be re-assigned to do fundraising?!

1 Like

The Mid-Season Field of 64 was just released. The sad part is that Field of 128 could be released n the Coogs would still be trying to peek inside the window!

2 Likes

Why in the world would he accept a “reassignment”? Is that even common?

This team isn’t going to any tournament. It can’t win a series.

1 Like

As I write this, UHBB is 217 in both Boyd Nation’s & Warren Nolan’s RPI’s. I’d say mediocrity is looking at us in the rear view mirror. Rayner Noble’s worst finish was 105. The year he was fired, it was 83.

5 Likes

SWAC Champs 2021!!!

1 Like

Even I am startled by those pieces of data. Time really does compress reality and bend it to one’s impulses. If you had asked me at a game what Noble’s worst ranking was and the ranking the year he was fired I would have bet my annual salary that they were both below #105.

I knew this year was a world-class stinker. But the gravity of where we are is ghastly.

1 Like

There are 0.00 excuses for this. What a cluster…

1 Like

It’s time to move on.

1 Like

It is time for Chris Pezman to make serious hire! CTW Ahas done a lot for the baseball facilities, so I am sure that is a tough move for him. All that said this can bea big time program for a long time.CTW has had only 1 winning season without Frank Anderson. Time to get baseball to have a big hire!

7 Likes

This season is really bad.

1 Like

UH Baseball should be a perennial Top 25 program. Greater Houston area is one of top 3 youth hotbeds in Nation. CTW is signed through end of '23…just one Omaha trip before I check out is all I ask :slight_smile:

6 Likes