UH Baseball Mediocrity Continues

The funny thing is Tulane is only 6.5 games better than us overall and the same amt over us (IC) and leading the conference.

In my opinion, he has not had “fire in the belly” in the last 3 years. I’m not advocating UH fire him but I am suggesting that he needs to take a long hard look at himself and decide what he wants to do. Does he want to continue to coach, resign / retire, or be reassigned? It’s time for him to decide before UH is forced to make that decision for him. We just can’t continue as is.

6 Likes

I don’t know. But this group needs some fire somewhere. Change something
somewhere!!!

2 Likes

Getting our butts whipped again

1 Like

At first I wanted to say we should target outside Houston first as UH is more attractive to non-Houston folks than suburban Houston kids.

But I see we already have a good mix of out of state kids so nevermind

But honestly all good baseball players gotta pay something anyway so it’s going to be hard to keep them here if their dream school is calling and it costs the same that’s tough.

Look at Rice / they’ve let a World Series caliber program fall into shambles over nonsense and academic egos.

1 Like

Holding solid with an rpi of 217. Truly a forgettable season.

2 Likes

Make it stop

1 Like

When is the last time Rice and Houston were both terrible at baseball?

Before 2020, 1980 was the last time both teams were under .500. :neutral_face:

Its bad. Maybe its an aberration. I hope so. So much baseball talent in this city
from little league up.

Does not look like an aberration.

I thought it was an aberration in the sense that its out in of the ordinary for our program and will correct itself next year. Monceaux definitely demonstrates the trend is not aberrational.

I agree it was abysmal in every respect. That’s the kind of raw, grating article that gets people fired. I pray it works out for everyone but its a competitive job.

They gotta want to come to UH

What has A&M won and folks run there?

A&M has the most supportive and rabid fan base outside of Notre Dame. Plus a zillion dollars they can tap. That hasn’t always made them winners but has made them competitive in all things. It’s to be envied and admired. That we someday get to where they are

Are we mediocre yet?

I’d say mediocre would be an RPI between 60-99. Not nearly good enough for an at-large bid, but not really embarrassing. We’ve got a little bit of work to do before we’re mediocre. :weary:

2 Likes

LOL. I’d pretty much say that we’re bad.