UH Best kept QB Secret coming soon

No other QB on the roster has better ball placement nor look to pass while on the run. Dual QB threat.

Caleb McMickle

11 Likes

Impressive young qb!

2 Likes

of course, those are his highlights, however he does have an effortless quick release. Many of the passes were spot on with a short cocking motion.

1 Like

Yes! Excited about this young man and his future here at Houston.

2 Likes

Man I remember being so pumped after watching John O’Korn highlights
 and *fail

13 Likes

Based on highlights alone, I didn’t see D1 dual threat. I saw shifty with good pocket awareness. I also saw a number of throws that would get picked on a D1 level. Lots to like but has plenty to adjust to.

1 Like

Theres another incoming freshman qb Indiana Wijay who has been under the radar. If history repeats itself yet again

At :29 seconds
falling back on one leg, flicks an effortless 30 yard connection downfield. Sneaky great arm strength.

He also is good at threading the needle. Hopefully we’ll have a stable of fantastic wideouts to throw to.

I thought he looked very impressive when I first saw his highlights when he announced his commitment. He looks like he could really be special and I just hope we can hang on to him while he waits his turn. Unless he does something super special in this fall training camp, I expect him to redshirt. Then we need to keep him out of the portal.

3 Likes

Tread lightly

Ken says he is good at violence.

1 Like

Get real man.

They wouldn’t be D1 QB’s if they couldn’t throw on the run, and according to you they don’t even “look to pass on the run”

Your assessment is laughable.

3 Likes

Plus the competition is weak if we are going to be honest.

3 Likes

I as wondering where the dual threat part was myself. Maybe a few of his passes could have been picked off on D1 level, but he was in high school. I don’t worry about that from HS players and expect his game to be improved by time he’s a RS freshman or soph. The kid looks like he has real promise to me.

6 Likes

The qb doesn’t need to be King Kong but rather a guy to makes plays and just beats you ala Case. I like the looks of Caleb

6 Likes

A pretty good athlete. He knows how to throw ON TIME which is huge at the next level. He might be OK.

3 Likes

Seemed to throw well on the run and off balance
 Keenum stuff. Threw daggers and floaters as appropriate. Seemed to know his receivers well. Maybe we could use the receivers and coaches as well.

Eta threw well across his body

4 Likes

He kind of reminds me of Colt McCoy a little bit.

1 Like

Indiana Wijay, welcome to the ‘all name team.’

He isn’t on the UH roster like other walk-ons.

1 Like