UH By The Numbers Thru 3 Games

We’re 1/4th of the way through the season. See how the Coogs stack up nationally in UH By The Numbers. #GoCoogs

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. It shows how horrific our defense is, specifically the secondary with on pace to give up 6000+ yards passing. I didn’t see stats for our defense against the run. Did you have that?

Bottom line is we have an efficient offense that has protected the ball and a defense that ranks close to last with a top 5 NFL draft pick. Painful is not even close to define this.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1041472283989221377

Our defense is close to last place but I’m pretty sure we don’t have last place talent.

5 Likes

Completely agree. Considering what we have in the front seven it is sad how bad the secondary is essentially wasting everything good that they do. 3 and 20+ On multiple occasions and they give up first downs. Uggh!!

https://twitter.com/D_D_Bass/status/1041387569341181952

1 Like

We had some amazing plays on offense vs TTU and we should be very happy but instead we’re in the dumps, at least I am, because our defense just played horribly.

No one has mentioned yet that King a numerous off-target throws. Uncharacteristic for him.

4 Likes

Duarte is wrong about our defensive numbers.

I completely agree, sums up my sentiments.

Some of the passes he felt pressure and other times he put pressure on himself. I reference that to the short passes he botched. Some of the longer throws looked more like the wind played a role.

1 Like

115th defense and have played Rice, Arizona and Tech. Granted Tech is always good on O but Rice and Arizona ??? good grief that’s brutal…BUT you could see from start that we got some major holes in the secondary…

Not to downplay the suck-fest that our defense showed against Tech, but to be a bit fair, the vast majority of yardage and scores put up by Arizona happened after our starters came out in the 3rd quarter.

1 Like

Late in the game he started trying to gun everything as hard as he could, even on little dinks to the RB after checking down. That was when he started missing.

Not to downplay the suck-fest that our defense showed against Tech, but to be a bit fair, the vast majority of yardage and scores put up by Arizona happened after our starters came out in the 3rd quarter.

That’s a good talking point but it’s false. One starter came out.

Austin Robinson, Payton Turner, Garrett Davis, Roman Brown, Deontay Anderson, and Chambers were still making a majority of the tackles in the 2nd half.

Thank you for posting Ryan. The most concerning for me is that our DC is in his second season. The definition of a good Coach is to learn from the past. I have not seen any signs that would suggest it.

3 Likes

That is frustrating. I think it’s the logical, extended playing out of the fact that he NEVER makes in-game adjustments. That is what was (is) great about Gibbs. He would give up 35 in the first half but shut you down in the second half.

1 Like

I had a feeling he was after reading your article.

Orlando made adjustments on the fly between series. Orlando was on the sideline. Current DC is up in the booth, hiding out I guess.