UH hosts HCU at 6:30 on ESPN+

Versus common opponents (Lamar, Rice, SHSU, TX State and Baylor):
HCU is 0-9 with 44 runs scored and 91 scored against
UH is 8-2 with 47 runs scored and 31 scored against

I predict that we win 8-4

1 Like

Coogs come in at 99 in the RPI’s. Win or lose we likely drop out of the top 100, aka the Whitting-Pezman comfort zone.

On a positive note my son is at the Elkins-Ridge Point game tonight and reports future Coog centerfielder Payne is the real deal.
Payne is the all time hit leader for Elkins. Son says the kid is not only silk smooth in the outfield and covers a lot of ground with his speed.
Never know about baseball commits.
Hope he hangs with regardless who our coach is

1 Like

And that is saying something. Elkins was so damn good back when Coach Carpenter was there. Had some fun games against them back in the day. Man they had some incredible high school ball players come thru there.

Coogs win 10-0.

1 Like

I wonder if Berkman is feeling any heat? That program really hasn’t gone anywhere since he got there, and they haven’t sniffed .500 yet.

Yep but college baseball has become a real dud in the city

Very strong game against a team that hits rather well. Wright got out of some early jams and settled in.

The same can be said of Cruz at Rice. Both schools seemed to be more concerned with the immediate publicity their hires would bring them instead of the success a coach with at least some D1 experience might have.

I mean, we’re really in no position to throw stones, I guess. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

We don’t have a celebrity coach. Has HBU ever been any good? Rice is just a sad story. It was the one sport they were always good at.

HBU was pretty good back in their NAIA days, and they were competitive for the first several years in D1. But they may not really care.

Rice was only good during Wayne Graham’s tenure. We had a healthy lead in the all-time series up until then.

Rice is a disaster. 101-177 since Wayne retired and no regionals. UH is 148-132 since Wayne retired and no regionals.

We are a disaster also lol

This is the message their facilities send.