UH hosts UT series

Who goes for UH tonight?

Does Labarron Johnson Jr go for UT again? The Big 12 Preseason Pitcher of the Year has contributed to losses in five of his last six starts.

Max Grubbs is the projected starter for Texas tonight. Ace Whitehead is the projected starter for Saturday.

1 Like

Hitting has been there in most B12 games.
Need some average relief pitching w no inning extending errors.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/1778850032139055368

We know there’s little risk of a sellout when kids get in free on Sunday with their youth baseball jerseys.

1 Like

A sellout with Longhorn fans

Another sweep ?

Go through all the good pitchers if you have a lead. Just get a B12 win.
Take the pressure off @ a pretty good Cinn next weekend.

Horrible Houston Christian and Southern next. Back to .500 w a single win v Texas.

1 Like

I have no interest in UH baseball anymore but I would be very happy for us to win at least one game

2 Likes

Texas @ Houston, MLB & NCAA. Which Houston has a shot to win a game???

3-0 Coogs in the 5th. Texas still doesn’t have a hit. Woodward with 8 strikeouts so far

Woodward has to exit due to what appears to be an elbow issue. Looked like Woodward hurt his elbow on the strikeout and then tried to push through it

3-1 Coogs in the 5th with a new pitcher coming into the game. New pitcher will be Citelli who was supposed to start tomorrows game

Wood great today.

5th inning was a bridge 2 far.
Gives up a homer then that hitch in his throwing arm.
Hope its not what it looked like.
One of their few pitchers under 4 era in Big 12.
(also Cit/ Murray/ Jelkin)

Going for it w Citelli in.
Cit w 1.42 era in Big 12.
4 apps/ 6 innings.

Tulimero w his first start at 3d.
Every hot bat v TT is playing.

UCF and Cinn look the part.
UH and BYU do not.

That said. This is not Pap Paps Bonghorn baseball.
UH looks good today.
The running is actually working…
Edit:
Jinxed them. Why go for it at home w 1 out ?

2 Likes

Is Lopez hurt? I haven’t kept up as much as I used to. Citelli gets the strike out. Going to the bottom of the 5th

Here at the game. Heartbreaking. He was in complete control except for that one pitch. And then a SO after the dinger.

1 Like

Do you remember back when we would play Cincy and we would beat them by double digits almost every game.

We’d play a three game series and out score them say 37-8…

Good days

4 Likes

4-1 Coogs. French with a Bomb!

1 Like

Don’t know if he’s hurt….dont think so.

But batting .189 with 1 HR in 17 starts and 30 total games played probably has more to do with it.

2 Likes

Ahh. I haven’t been keeping up with the Coogs and wasn’t sure. Hadn’t he been one of our better bats the last couple of years? Surprised Whit benched him.

Coogs get thrown out trying to steal home on a throw down to second

5-1 Coogs Tuli with a bloop single to center to score Murray

1 Like