UH NIL funding

Does anyone know what we doing for our NIL program ?

1 Like

As far as name image and likeness is concerned I believe that would be up to the businesses needing athletes to endorse their products. Not really sure anyone here knows who may or may not offer some of our athletes money with the assumption their endorsements would then create a nice return on investment for their company.

Or are you asking what we are doing to simply pay players to come to UH like most other schools are doing?

quick, what side of the fence do you think im on with all this? lol

1 Like

I read ATM and UT are giving large amounts to players and recruits through this now legal cheating program. I’m just wondering what we’re doing ?

The school doesn’t do anything…all that NIL money you see going out is alumni grouping together to create and fund those programs

1 Like

This is what I’ve heard about how A&M went about this whole process. The coaches target a player and then the name of the player is passed on to a big time booster. That booster then takes the info he is given and takes it to his team which is made up of about 10 smaller boosters who still pay a lot of money. That team of boosters then reach out to the player and pitch them on coming to A&M and promises of like “donations” and internship opportunities.
From what I have heard from A&M fans is that the #1 recruiting class that they have coming in cost around $30 million dollars.

1 Like

So now they are paying money and it’s legal vs the old way. One advantage we now have is we can legally do the same without getting ncaa hammered. They mostly got away with it when it was illegal so not much will change for them but it helps the schools that used to get on probation for $100

1 Like

All of the “ways” mentioned have always been the way these schools have been recruiting. Two main differences from today?
#1 it is now legal
#2 Bigger sum of money.

Do you remember the main Miami booster?
This is exactly the same.

1 Like

Exactly the same??? The money that Miami got from Nevin Shapiro was generated from Shapiro’s Ponzi scheme.

1 Like

It is an example among many others. He got caught. The great satan and atm cheated just the same except that they had ncaa lackeys covering for them.

Who do you contact if you want a player to do an endorsement for you? Or to check on a fee? Say I want Tune and Dell to throw the ball in front of my business for an ad.

1 Like

Well, their bagman is out of a job.
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I don’t think we pay players to come. Just my thought

1 Like

Jarace Walker isn’t coming and bypassing the G League to just soak in our culture.

2 Likes

He’s at IMG idk if he needs the money. Lol also, i just think as Coogs we’re to cheap to put in money for a player. Many in here and the school themselves have alluded to problems with donations and alumni putting up money for stuff. Let’s not act like there’s a long line of alumni saying they’ll put up millions for stuff. We can’t even get the necessities for the stadiums. They’re still trying to get that donation for the FOB.

Agree we are not like the Aggies or Whorns or blue blood schools when it comes to donations but don’t believe for a minute that we don’t have a few huge money folks willing to help out. Been that way since I can remember

1 Like

Not in the Millions so I’ll be nice and say 50k-100k.

Go directly to the player via FB, IG, Twitter

1 Like

NCAA Violation IMHO ! Boosters cannot recruit in any manner. Aggies need to be investigated !