UH No. 5 in combined football/hoops rankings

This is cool, a combined ranking of football/basketball schools based on most recent season. We’re 5th, behind Baylor, Alabama, Michigan and North Carolina…

11 Likes

I will be honest with you. There were times during our post Southwest Conference journey that it was pretty easy to believe we would never be a full athletic department Titan again.

But here we are. Basketball is elite and football is very good.

13 Likes

It’s time for all the old timers and not so old timers who gave their time, support and there hard earned money to take a bow for believing in UH. Getting the University back to where it belongs. I don’t know how much people don’t realize it was Hurculean effort to make this happen over the decades after being at the summit. Program was almost killed off. Maybe one day a movie will be made about it.

17 Likes

NC???

Basketball final rankings helped UNC…

How in the hell could they possibly justify putting Zona above us… :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Weird to see the team you spanked in the tournament ahead of you but i will take Top Ten final ranking all the time

6 Likes

Who cares…… just focus on all the pre season polls for next year…… belle of the ball baby :point_up:

1 Like

Just saying it’s crazy to rank them ahead of us after we whipped them just 2 weeks ago… In their last game of the year :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I know, I get what you’re saying…… same with Arky and Zags.

I mean we beat the Big 10 Champs and we beat the PAC champs, but besides that…. Who have we really beaten? Duh :joy:

2 Likes

The placing on the list means nothing, but I do like to believe being on the list is a great advertisement for our programs.

2 Likes

I guess you can’t rank a team higher than 7 if you had picked the C-USA Champs to beat them in the first round… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Looks like unless you had a really bad loss, the worst you got dropped was 4 spots.

But Hey!! Texas is back!! Back in the receiving votes section, i.e., un-ranked. :rofl:

4 Likes

December 12, 2005.

We just finished 2 straight seasons in The top 25. Wire to wire. Top ten finishes both years. I spent the first 10 years as a fan with one week, one week, in the top 25. December 12, 2005. I thought that was pretty amazing. Now we are arguing over if we should be number 6 or 7. This is a pretty good place we are in. One week. December 12, 2005. And not again until Sampson.

This is fun.

10 Likes