UH student arrested for arson

Regardless not a good look for our University

1 Like

Sounds like there is only one just punishment for Thomas Johnson
 I bet he’s still alive, though.

Yeah they did not have kids, he was all she had

He looks like an idiot just like the guy who shot up the parade in Illinois looked like an idiot as well. And based on his behaviour, he is an idiot.

No racial bias here. You should know me from my regular posting. Only concerned with truth, justice and integrity.

That’s why I vote against Republicans all the time (yes, Virginia, but it’s just a case of extremism versus human imperfections) and call out idiots for being what they are, idiots regardless of any demographic identifier.

Side stepping this potential dumpster fire, let’s take a look at this situation factually. A mid-20s student brought a can of gasoline and started a fire in multiple locations.

What are the security protocols? Did everything go off as planned? Was UH policelocated near the dorm(s) to quickly respond? Did the alarms and/or sprinklers go off? When I worked at the Towers, the sprinklers could flood a room within minutes. Are there any and all damages covered by insurances? Did anyone know him (roommate or RA) to see if this person was not stable? What are the lessons learned?

Key results are: nobody died, which is the best outcome. Next best is that the building wasn’t destroyed. Next, next best is the student is gone from campus and to think about their actions while navigating the legal system.

1 Like

100k bail
when asked why he would do such a thing
he said
Because I wanted to