UH vs. Duarte Part ? (I have lost count)

I had no problem with Dale not bring a rah rah guy for the Coogs or anyone else. He was paid to be an objective writer.
But it always seemed to me he had a caustic attitude.
I hoped at one time Dan Pastorini had knocked that out of him lol.

3 Likes

To always look for a negative in every column even during a positive moment is not warranted. Thatā€™s what Dale did. Duarte has not gone to that extreme but he, like Murphy, has behaved like he is entitled to certain rights and has taken shots at the program because of his perceived entitlement.

3 Likes

Never saw that with Murphy.

1 Like

More subtle and smarter than Duarte but it was there,

1 Like

Hilarious, I had forgotten about thatā€¦
Pastorini 1ā€¦Dale 0
And apparently he was asking for itā€¦

Murph felt like a homer. I remember being online to chat during the Coog football games. I liken Duarte to Campbell more than Murph.

Murph was a homer. I actually found it refreshing.

2 Likes

Oh yes, Murphy was pretty bad, until the ā€œsudden change of heartā€ toward his final years with the Chronicle.

Some would refer to him as " the roach".

Actually, we always referred to Solomon as the ā€œRoachā€.

8 Likes

People got mad at Murph for putting the attendance in the article. Coogfans can be overly sensitive

2 Likes

The subject of Duarte has come up several times, but although I had an opinion, I kept it to myself. I guess itā€™s time to give my opinion. I donā€™t want a homer, and heā€™s certainly not that, but thereā€™s nothing wrong with building relationships, by being objective. Neither is there anything wrong with occasionally highlighting whatever positives exist. However, I think heā€™s an unctuous character. I sensed it long ago. I think heā€™s an oily character, ready to pounce on anything he can turn into a negative. I think heā€™s a snake, that would thrive in Austin. Just my opinion.

5 Likes

Mr. Duarte made some comments about visiting COOGFANS. He enjoyed it and even replied to some of us.
We asked him to respond to us on his comments numerous times.
Did he care to reply?

1 Like

as far as iā€™m concerned, duarte scroomed himself when he attacked Dr. Khator in that article.

4 Likes

I donā€™t see anything unctuous about JD, actually just the opposite. I donā€™t see him being excessively flattering or ingratiating at all. I see him looking for ways to stick it to us.

3 Likes

Controversy creates clicks

1 Like

Yep, it is better known as job protection; he does, after all, work for the comical!

4 Likes

Excellent!

Someone should educate JD that the business model is that he is supposed to create interesting and thoughtful and entertaining articles so that the fan base of the teams he is covering actually want to read his content and not desire to cancel their subscriptions.

6 Likes

Frankly it makes no sense WHATSOEVER from a journalism standpoint for Duarte to do this.
Clearly something happened that we are not privy to.
I met Mrs. Khator. What struck me when I met her was the intensity/Focus that she portrayed(s) We were at an Alumni party before the game in Tucson. Not only is she our President but her entire demeanor told everyone ā€œwho is in chargeā€ I really appreciated that about her.
It is fascinating when you remember how powerful of a figure Indira Gandhi was. She is ā€œourā€ Indira Gandhi
Did Duarte crossed the line? It sure looks like it.

5 Likes

I know the student athletes love Dr.Khator. She is their biggest fan and shows up for everything that involves UH sports, especially football. She is extremely personable and quite pleasant to talk to.

6 Likes