UNBOOM - King to sit out rest of 2019, redshirt only?

If QB doesn’t work out. I like him as a slot WR with the potential to have an impact down the line.

1 Like

you are right. It is odd for a straight up starter. I am sure it has happened, right? Are we a trend setter?

1 Like

There are a handful of them that come out when it’s dark (bad news) like roaches!

4 Likes

his dad is likely pushing this transfer thing on him

5 Likes

Ya’ll are hilarious. I wasn’t ever “banned” my posting priveleges were suspended for a couple days because I criticized the Briles hire.

If you can’t take an overwhelmingly obvious joke, it makes you look bad not me. Just trying to bring some levity to a crappy situation.

Anybody else got a better idea than essay tests? Lol.

1 Like

NCAA Rules Committee needs to get hold of this Senior transfer crap. It is getting out of hand IMO.
The rich get richer.

1 Like

Really not down on King or any other players that decide to leave but this tells me more about why we are 1-3 right now than all this x and o’s/lack of talent horse manure we discuss here every day. These guys didn’t decide this today it has been in the back of their head for a month. Championship teams aren’t made of captains who think like this.

15 Likes

This is the right move for King because he’s clearly not the right fit for the offense right now. If he wants to stay here, he’ll want to continue to improve at his consistency in timing routes. This offense is geared around a QB making good reads and putting the ball in the right place at the right time. If he wants to transfer, he’ll be highly coveted and will have the added luxury of picking what kind of offense he wants to run. He’s very good at making plays when things break down, and he looked really good in the Briles offense, which is based more on misdirection and confusing the defense.

King is one of the better QBs of the last 20 years at UH, so I wish the best to him no matter what he decides.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I think he has NFL potential, just not at QB. (Greg ward route)

This isn’t the 1st time Daddy has said something to the media like this. He said something this past offseason as well in regards to D’Eriq almost transferring and also said something when he signed on here.

1 Like

Yeah, father’s have a lot to do with it. It is also a good look for his future. Say he does get a chance to lead a p5 team and does well, he is an nfl qb. If he does not do well it is the same as him doing awesome here, chance as a slot receiver.

Cannot hate a kid for jumping ship and looking for something better. coaches do it all the time. He is just making a business decision.

It stings for us fans, but like i read earlier, transfer portal gives and transfer portal takes away.

1 Like

This isn’t a bad idea. And it would be trolling the system to the nth level… and CDH may do just that. :slight_smile:

Do it now before they change the rules!

2 Likes

UH Senior Proves Cougar Red Pride

Dana has been complaining that red-shirts were handled very poorly by previous coaches. Maybe he asked King if he would consider it. King may be gone or may stay, but the way things are today the player has an option to find a system that best fits them. I can’t fault him for that.

1 Like

Half of our recruiting class is transfer portals. Our starting RB is a transfer. Safety is a transfer. We have 9 redshirting right now including the sde from bama.

I would be shocked if we don’t get more. We lose 1 kid and we should shut it down? They should be able to transfer once with no penalty at all. This archaic ‘maturer’ status universe is very 19th century.

2 Likes

As CKS preaches, and as Herman preached in 2015, you have to have buy-in.

6 Likes

Alright Tune. Time to rally the troops and get a win! Next man up!

4 Likes

Can’t believe the King disrespect I’m saying in this discussion.

As the great Coach Bill Yeoman says “ We must Remain Calm”!

2 Likes

I think this is a good idea and I’ve seen some suggestions where if you lose a transfer, you get a scholarship back for the next class (and can go above a max of 25) which I like.

Also seen the idea of a school getting 50 scholarships over a 2 year period (use something like 30 one year and 20 the next) instead of the 25 in one year in order to help build up after losses. Kansas has been pushing this hard and it may be gaining traction.

3 Likes