UNC Loses

#1 overall. Im all for it. Same type of pressure you’re gonna have to deal with as a 1 seed (knock on wood)

Great PR for the program

3 Likes

My bad didn’t know Arkansas fell this week. Arizona should be #4 I reckon

2 Likes

With both UNC and Kansas taking L’s we know UH will get A LOT more of the first place votes if they take care of business against Kent St…but don’t be suprised if the team with the next highest amount of first place votes and a dominating win against Gonzaga actually jumps us for the #1 spot as a result. No longer having a 3rd team as a buffer could also be detrimental.

Nobody wants that scenario playing out, but it’s a very real possibility that if Gonzaga wins out this weekend we get jumped because it makes that win over then look even better. I’m a realist going off the facts and an obvious bias, so it’s something I am mentally preparing for so that it doesn’t hit as hard.

Gotcha and yah can’t argue with Zona moving up after winning the Maui

Don’t worry Zags are going down tonight

1 Like

UConn had 2 good wins this week, they probably knocking on the top 10.

1 Like

Uconn is destined for the top 5. Its just a matter of time.

1 Like

North Carolina 22nd in KenPom. They weren’t playing like a top 10 team

My top 5:

1.Houston
2.Texas
3.Virginia
4.Connecticut
5.Arizona

2 Likes

Alabama will play UNC muhahaha

1 Like

The UT win over Gonzaga still looks good, but less so now after the Zags got smoked by Purdue last night. I can’t see any scenario where UH isn’t ranked #1 if they take care of business against Kent State.

1 Like

Bias per Ken P. given to preseason rankings until enough current season games are played.

https://kenpom.com/blog/preseason-ratings-why-weight/

1 Like

let’s just beat Kent state first.

GO COOGS!!

2 Likes

Lets win the last six games of the year. And number 1 lives forever.

6 Likes

We are going to get the #1 ranking on Monday and run the table and finish the season undefeated! #NationalChamps

2 Likes

3 Likes

The last time UH was #1, Hakeem and Benny were roaming the hallways. That’s really hard to believe. Kelvin Sampson deserves a lot of credit. Tilman and Renu deserve credit too for their vision of what the program could be.

11 Likes

I agree with everything you said. Still, we’re not number 1 yet. Have to take care of business today and then hope the voters don’t put Texas ahead of us.

If Coach Sampson and crew win the National Championship this season he will go down as the best basketball coach in school history. They would’ve done something never done before at UH. Go Coogs!!!

His .745 winning percentage at Houston is just ridiculously good.

1 Like

Agree that being #1 doesn’t mean a whole lot in terms of the season, but it’s a heck of a lot of fun, and great PR. Something to enjoy while it lasts.

6 Likes

I knew he was going to be good but not this good. He’s exceeded my expectations. No overlooking Kent State though. Haha