Unpleasant hot takes

But Edey won’t get past Merrimack or Southern/Grambling in the first round.

1 Like

Anyone can lose on the road in this conference. It was a complete throttling which was Pesik’s point about it being a bad matchup for us on paper.

We’ve been throttled a total of 6 times since 2019

KU - 23/24
Miami - 23 Tourney
Memphis - 21/22
Baylor - 21 FF
East Carolina - 20/21
Oregon - 19/20

Nobody saw us getting laughed off the court in the Phog.

I don’t need to write an essay but that is a terrible take.

Agreed… I knew he was special as a frosh.

He’s just a LEGIT PG who has that dog in him…

1 Like

I watched Edey ball out yesterday…

Man, it was IMPRESSIVE.

You knew he was special in his first year or second?

First… You could tell he was a REAL PG…

I’ll go back and find my posts…

1 Like

He barely played his first year so I’m just curious when you saw greatness. For me it was his 2nd year on a fast break by Bryant. He ran their guard down and block/stripped the ball. That was when I knew he was gonna be good. Then after the Bam game I knew he’d be a great leader for us. And then again during the Illinois game that’s when I knew he had a shot at being an all-timer.

1 Like

OLLU game frosh season I think…

1 Like

aka the Cam Tyson game

2 Likes

Shead’s BPR (EvanMiya) score ranks 3rd among all college basketball players; however, his height and relatively short arms are a liability when assessing his transition to the NBA. What he’ll be competing against are versatile teenage European guards who are 3-5” taller.

Shead’s such an interesting prospect because his BPR is so high with less than thrilling shooting numbers, meaning his impact metrics are through the roof in other categories.

I think someone takes a flyer on him Round 2. We shall see.

Gotcha. Just to clarify though that was his 2nd year. His first year was pretty rough. Lol

But credit to him he put in the work and didn’t let the Sampson *** chewing faze him.

Edit: jk you’re saying Our Lady of the Lake. My bad I read ULL. Yah I guess he did look pretty good against D2 comp. Lol

His first year was a hard watch. He couldn’t even dribble the ball up the court without getting nervous. That Tech game…oof…he looked absolutely lost out there.

Freshman year, IDK, he was pretty mediocre and raw. But 2021-22 and on? Special.

Some of you wanted Shead to hit the portal after his freshmen year.

3 Likes

Lol. Wow. I didn’t hear that but do not doubt it with this Crowd.

I’m finally seeing ahead of some mock drafts late in the 2nd round.

Well that I know wasn’t me because I’ve never advocated for anyone to transfer out. I always hold out hope guys will figure it out. But to pile on a bit, the board also speculated a bunch about Jwan transferring. Two different offseason to boot!

Ironic becuase we’ll probably celebrate both Shead and Roberts as our best developmental players (rightfully so). Lol

3 Likes

I think a mistake some people make is thinking iso just means scoring.

I can’t tell you how many times Shead has had a 1 on 1 and blows by someone but people help and he hits a wide open man. THAT is apart of being a good iso player. Rather than jacking up a shot no matter what the defense gives you and making it 35-40% of the time.

So with that being said there is absolutely no way on gods green earth I’m taking Caleb Mills in isolation over Jamal Shead.

Your team is down 1 with 15 seconds left and you have the ball at the top of the key, who do you want having the ball Mills or Shead?

1 Like

Caleb Mills couldn’t carry Jamal Shead’s jockstrap!

2 Likes

Not to quibble, but OLLU is NAIA, and not a very good one.

1 Like