Unpleasant hot takes

With or without Jamal’s junk in it?

1 Like

I’m not sure he said it was easier to make the tourney in the American. I do remember Duarte asking him questions about whether or not they were excited about moving leagues and in typical Sampson fashion he kind of threw it back at him saying the fans should be excited but for him it just meant his job would be tougher.

4 Likes

Dig it up… $head was ALWAYS better than Mills imo.

Mills CAN score, though… He got hurt this year.

2 Likes

Dang Kyle,

You and Funk were crush in’ on that bod :grimacing:

lol—-I kid the ones I love big guy :joy:

1 Like

Easy Coach Sanders :joy:

1 Like

Dude is STOUT! :rofl:

2 Likes

Most fans really don’t understand development even with they speak of it or hear the coach say it. They lack patience. I remember even this season people questioning Francis and talking about a true freshman replacing him and how he would likely be transferring.
I heard the same about Shead his first two years and others still questioning his shot heading into this season.
Everything has happened on time with both in their development. Shead is the top PG we have has since Rob Williams. He is the best clutch player we have had period, while being the least selfish and top defensive player.

3 Likes

Yea I’m still struggling to see where this notion that its very hard to make the tourney from the Big 12, 10 or East comes from other than P6 fans not really paying much attention to bracketology and net beyond their own team/conference lmao.

We hover around 11-12 Q1 games in conference play this year alone. In our last 3 years in the AAC, we’ve maybe had 7 Q1 games be in conference? With 3 of them being Memphis away

While yes, the individual games in the power conference may be tougher, just going 4-7 in those Q1 games would automatically put you ahead of any non P6 team sans the consistently great ones like San Diego State or Gonzaga when they have even an okay year for their standards.

3 Likes

Run it back!

2 Likes

I agree with your point.

My guess is that those of the mindset that making the tournament from a G conference is easier than a P conference is as follows:

I believe they contend that maybe its actually easier for some teams to go say 11-2. (OR, win the P conference tourney autobid) compared to going even 4-7 or winning an autobid in a P conference.

I don’t know where that cutoff is myself. But I suspect that is their basic premise.

1 Like

When this was being debated last year my main pushback was at the idea that the bubble Big 12 teams would just go 15-3 on an AAC schedule like it was nothing. My contention was that it’s tough to win on the road in conference regardless of what league you’re in. I think that takes been somewhat validated this year after KU fans on Reddit were explaining to me about how difficult it is to win in Orlando lol

4 Likes

I took it as it was an easier route to a better seed. Then he said the Big 12 is best for UH.
Thinking the sly old Fox was setting up the Big 12 for a surprise.
And it has worked nicely lol

4 Likes

Being on the college basketball subreddit for a few years now, I can tell you thats their entire premise lol.

They were dying on that hill to the point where Auburn and Purdue fans there were begging to switch conferences with us and Gonzaga :sob:

1 Like

You cannot fake it in this conference like you can in the AAC. You have to be able to hold your own, but if you can there is a wider margin for error. USF isn’t better than WVU, OSU, Cincinnati etc.

Well tbc I was talking about when we were in the American not the product now. But even now I don’t think teams like WVU and Okst would just cakewalk over the American. It’s still tough to win on the road especially when you are the team with the target on your back like we were.

Edit: also on the topic of faking it, I still think you can in this league (not to be a top seed but definitely when it comes to just making the tourney). Just look at UT. Played a super soft non-conference. Most notable win was home win against LSU, losses to the only two real teams they played. Yet they’ll still make the tourney after probably going 8-10 in league. Thats kind of faking it to me.

1 Like

UT is insanely talented though. They have the players to make a run; just coached poorly IMO.

1 Like

I think your on to something.

I never believed he was not looking forward to the challenge and respect of Big12

1 Like

Sounds like a former conference mate of ours lol

I just got back

ill note some things… before this thread before @Kyle_Be_Coogin post i noted shead had done enough that it is probably wise for him to go pro
this was just 2 days ago in the “next’s years guard thread”

shead by everyone standard has taken a big jump the last few weeks, you guys are attacking me for judging players as they are at a certain point in time…
dunn going pro would be unwise… clearly basing in on his performance so far… if dunn averages 30 a game from this point on…he should obviously go pro. but today how would i know that?

also when a players gets loved, its crazy how fair evaluation of their game goes out the window,

it was just 3 weeks ago, i noted we really only have 2 top tier shooters (sharp and cryer), in a conversation about when they aren’t making shots the court really shrinks… and someone got upset and debating that shead was a top tier shooter…

now “shead is an elite iso scorer better than mills”… the same mills that sampson said was 2nd only to gray in his ability to score, the same mills the best offensive recruit he ever recruited… mills is no where near the player that shead is, but on this sole and singular point shead isnt better than him in iso. incase you need a 60 second reminder

or a 60 second reminder of who dejon was in ISO

shead is elite, that doesnt mean he is elite at everything

6 Likes

Glad you’re onboard… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes