Looks like UTSA’s social media person might be a UH grad ![]()
And they’ve got a classic car too like us.
Those are awesome. Somewhere there is message board where some UTSA fan is posting that purple is NOT one of our colors.
Purple is the new Columbia blue.
Many San Antonio lowriders would rival those of LA
Our game at UTSA a few years back was the closest thing I’ve felt to an NFL atmosphere at a college game. And by that I mean; very obese drunk people who didn’t know much about football and were determined to fight someone by halftime.
It was strange because that isn’t the vibe I got at all when we played them there in the O’Korn days.
I’ll never forget their fans after one of the great Levine Blunders…opening TDECU in 2014 by losing to them. They were walking out screaming " Whose House…SA’s House" it was funny and embarrassing all in one
I remember it well
I have never left a Coog game more p***ed off, except when we got smacked by southern miss in the CUSA 'ship with the Sugar Bowl on the line.
And we didn’t just lose - we got whipped and didn’t score a point until late in the game. We couldn’t even score when they gifted us a fumble inside their 20. I think we had several trips into the red zone where we didn’t even attempt a FG.
That was probably my most “high to low” home game ever. Just garbage.
Pffft. Those rims are lacking.
Think most pissed I was losing to Tx St in their first FBS game after going 13-1 in '11, that was beyond brutal. Tony had some super duds as HC
I was looking through a cabinet last weekend and found the school newspaper from when this game happened.
At least we are in a better place now.
That loss to UTSA helped us get Herman for 2015.
If we either won the UTSA game or UCF game and finished 9-3, there is no way the administration would have fired Levine.
I love the idea but the actual helmet is like a 3/10 for me. The wordmark looks like AI and the whole different decals on different sides of the helmet thing is ugly and got overdone in the early 2010s.