Veterans Day

To all our veterans THANK YOU EVERY DAY FOR YOUR SERVICE.

19 Likes

You are welcome, it was our privilege.

9 Likes

Yep, many family members including grandfather in Korea….several friends as well.

You guys are the reason we are able to wake up everyday in a free country.

It is appreciated more than you know.

4 Likes

We appreciate your support.

5 Likes

I’ve enjoyed my service. I hit 20 years in March, and I have no desire to retire. Happy Veterans Day to all my brothers and sisters in arms.

12 Likes

Cary, what do you do in whatever branch you are in? What is your rank?

Armistice Day - 11 November 1918
End to the Great War

2 Likes

I was between duty posts and visiting in D.C. when JFK was assassinated. I stayed a few days before going to my next duty at Ft. Bragg, NC. Standing among crowds of people watching the cortege to the Capitol building, saluting as the caisson passed by me, was still the most emotionally dramatic moment of my life. Even now I have feelings recalling it.

4 Likes

I am a SMSgt E-8 in the Air Force. I just landed a CMSgt position at the Academy. There are only 10 enlisted instructors at the Academy. I am hoping to be one of them. You have to have advanced degrees to even qualify. Then you have to be a certain rank.

My career is one we don’t talk about. :wink:

4 Likes

Don’t you also have to be bada$$?

Don’t be shy….you know you are Cary.

1 Like

My pleasure, would do it all over again.

1 Like

Thank you for your service, sacrifice and dedication. There are not enough words to express my gratitude to all of you veterans.

2 Likes

Yes it was

Go Army
Beat Navy

3 Likes

Now you went off the rails, Go Navy, Beat Army.

2 Likes

I sit in dark rooms with lots of computers. Not that much of a bada$$.

This year, Air Force rules . . . . . now its a contest for second place . . . . .

Thanks for your service

Thanks for your service

The spouses and family members of veterans may not wear badges or rank insignia that we veterans did, but they sacrificed equally every step of the way. I salute you Giena for being there for your veterans.

5 Likes

I miss the camaraderie . There is nothing like it in civilian life,
Go Coogs

1 Like