Virginia Cavaliers preview

Saw some Virginia basketball footage on Twitter/YouTube decided to make a thread.

I like Virginia’s bigs better than their guards.

Guards

Kihei Clark

Reece Beekman

Armaan Franklin

Forwards:

*Jayden Gardner (6ft 6")

*Ben Vander Plas (6ft 8")

*Kadin Shedrick (6ft 11")

*Francisco Caffaro (7ft 1")

*Issac Traudt (6ft 10")

Gotta make the game up tempo, to not allow their size to bother us in the half court

1 Like

Brought in 3 solid freshman + Vander Plas the transfer

https://mobile.twitter.com/UVAMensHoops/status/1558815709588766721

In this 2 minute higlight video, you only see two made 3s.
One of the reasons why we dominated them last season…i thought they lacked outside shooting. Either a drive or a post up with Gardner which we guarded well

3manweave did a preview of them

they noted something i noted earlier… virginia returned everyone, which is a gift and a curse… it guarantees they’ll be good, but it limits how good theyll be if coach honors his upper class

Virginia’s combination of starters is bad offensive combination-

• pg Kihei Clark- great defense- poor shooter/scorer
  • pg reece beekman- elite defense- poor shooter/scorer
  • g armaan franklin - insanely streaky shooter (29% from3)- best scoring guard
  • f jayden garder - great low post scorer, but cant play the 5 at 6’6 …can shoot
  • c Kadin Shedrick - no offense, good rim protector

gardner is the only true scorer, but being paired with a big who doesnt score makers it easy to double team, and since the 4/5 both cant shoot, you can crowd the post

it’s like being given a galen, shead, dejon underclass fabian (who couldnt shoot) and harris lineup

but they have the means to change that, almost all of the players they added are touted for offense …but will bennett bench long held starters (who are good in their defensive roles) for freshmen… they dont think so

Virginia had their glory and their time on top. It’s UH time to go to the top of the mountain :mountain_snow:

1 Like

Fearless prediction: we will run CIRCLES around them.

1 Like