WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- After beginning the 2019 campaign dropping its first four contests, Houston has bounced back, having won 13 of its past 19 matches, including seven of the last eight.
- After starting American Athletic Conference play 7-0 for the first time since 2000, the Cougars dropped their matchup with Cincinnati to move to 7-1 in conference action, to match their best eight-match start in conference since 2000.
- Houston is no stranger when it comes to going the distance, as the Cougars lead nation 11 five-set contests. Overall, Houston is 7-4 in such contests, five of which came in five-straight matches (9/21-10/6).
- The Cougars are the only school in the conference to have more than one player win a Player of the Week honor, having already won four. This is the first time Houston has had four different players earn a conference Player of the Week ( Abbie Jackson , OPOW-9/9; Katie Karbo , DPOW-9/23; Megan Duncan , OPOW-9/30; Rachel Tullos , DPOW-10/21) honor in program history.
- As one of the best liberos to come through the Houston program, Karbo continues to the climb the charts in the record book. Karbo enters the weekend leading the nation with 504 digs on the year, and leads all Division I active players with her 2,223 career digs, which ranks second in program history.
- Junior setter Abby Irvine leads the Houston’s balanced attacked, as her 14 double-doubles on the year are tied for most in The American. The Cougars are 10-4 this season when she posts a double-double.