Vs Cinn

Murray is without a doubt our player of the year.

2 Likes

11-7 now, still batting in the B8.

12-7 L

2 Likes

Conference RPI’s after Game 1 (as of 10:30 PM)
ECU: 20
Wichita St.: 98
Houston: 100
UCF: 112
Memphis: 137
Cincinnati: 149
USF: 169
Tulane: 202

Ultimately, the loss doesn’t matter, except that it might take us out of a chance to win the conference regular season bragging rights, which still wouldn’t get us in the tournament.

1 Like

I’ve said all along that the only way this conferenece will get two teams playing in the Regionals is if someone other than ECU wins the conference tournament.

The tournament is what doesn’t matter because we wouldn’t do much within it anyways. That’s why winning the conference would have been a nice consolation prize.

2 Likes

It only matters if they want to play in the postseason. Consolation prizes are for
losers. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Where the two or three guys telling us a win is a win and we won’t be left out if we win conference?

100 RPI
., not all wins are created equal.

3 Likes

This team would not do anything meaningful in the postseason. It’s pointless. Winning a conference championship matters more right now. I bet the players wanted that title badly.

2 Likes

Why was a WSU game canceled and not rescheduled?

We got screwed by that in basketball a few years ago during COVID IIRC as well.

1 Like

My guess is it was cancelled because of lightning in the area, and it was on Sunday, so WSU had hard end time so they could catch a flight.

UH won their third game and series against UCF in 8 innings on Sunday because of a pre-set hard end time.

As for why it wasn’t rescheduled, probably because UH had already won the series and distance WSU would have to travel for one weekday game, plus it would be an extra weekday game for both schools.

1 Like

It’s ok if we don’t win 1st place, and especially ok if we don’t win conference tournament, means we will get a new coach and I’m ok with that !

I’ve got a friend trying to convince me that teams with below .500 conference records who get at-large bids are being rewarded for losing. I say they are being rewarded for playing tough schedules (like the 2001 Coogs). Right now there are five ACC & SEC teams ranked from 25 to 38 that fit that bill. I think that several deserving teams from those two conferences will be passed over. Not because of their conference records, but because if every deserving ACC & SEC got in, they’d have 21 of the 64 bids.
To me, Mississippi’s 6-22 conference record is more impressive than ECU’s 16-6 record because all 28 of those games were played against top 45 teams. ECU’s opponents range from 97 to 199.

Was wondering the exact same thing. Where was the trainer? Bianco was okay and headed to first pretty quickly. But why would the SID be the one coming out to check on him?

1 Like

Your friend is dumb.

I have a couple of dumbs too

hopefully he’s at least funny.

You want the 64 best teams and that means the 8th or 9th best team from the SEC is better than the 2nd in the AAC so be it.

Interesting tidbit
.who would have thought losing the AAC teams to the Big 12 while replacing them with the UTSA’s of the world would help the conference in baseball?

4 Likes

I hear you. But looking at ACC bubble teams, Ga. Tech, Va. Tech, Louisiville and NC State are all “bubble” teams with high RPIs. NC State is the highest RPI of those 4 at 25. Louisville is next at 34.

NC State is 11-16 in ACC games and Louisville is 10-18. My opinion — If you are 10-18 in your conference, amongst your peers, you don’t deserve to go dancing. I’d much rather see a school like, IDK, Florida Gulf Coast get in. I understand they might get bounced quickly by a Stanford or Virginia 
 but at the same time it’s nice to see these smaller programs get in instead of there being 12 SEC or ACC teams. And once in a while those schools win the whole damn thing (Wichita State, Rice and Coastal Carolina have all done just that).

Just my two cents.

1 Like

Been saying that for a while now too. AAC is going to get stronger in baseball with the new additions.

1 Like

#128 Alabama St is 24-3 against their peers. Does that make them deserving of an at-large bid?

P.S. I feel the same about wanting to see smaller schools get in, but WSU, Rice & CCU weren’t 40-50 RPI ranked underdogs who leapfrogged 25-40 RPI ranked teams to get in. They were legit top 10 teams.
In 2012, Kent St & Stoney Brook both won their conference auto-bids and were regional 3 & 4 seeds. Both made it all the way to Omaha. That’s the kind of Cinderella story that gives teams like this years Coogs just the slightest glimmer of hope.

3 Likes

That’s where the gray area lies and where the committee gets an out every year. “Just put in Louisville. They’re in the ACC and been to Omaha several times.”

I don’t argue what you’re saying at all. But Louisville had a full ACC season and failed. 10-18 is what it is.

Alabama State at 24-3 and #128 in RPI probably loses 9 of 10 games to Louisville. Maybe 10 of 10.

So who do you put in? The easy answer is Louisville because they played a much tougher schedule. I get it. But, damn, I hate it because 10-18 in the ACC = just not good enough.

There has to be a team with a better SOS than Alabama State and a better record than Louisville’s in Conference Play.

Since you mentioned Kent State, put them in. RPI is 60s, I think. Not generally high enough. Put Xavier in. Hell I don’t know man. I really don’t know the answer, but please don’t put in a team with a 10-18 record in their conference.

1 Like

They cancelled the game because WSU had to catch a flight. They delayed the game for an hour, the rain was about to stop, and then they cancelled it out of the blue. I think if you gave the UH guys a truth serum and asked them about it, they would be pissed. It did rain up until that time, but there was no lightning and the field is turf. My guess is that the plane was probably delayed as well. It really sucks that the game wasn’t played. Took a huge advantage away from us!