Sunday’s contest can be seen on ESPNU and heard live by fans via the home for Houston Women’s Basketball Radio, UHCougars.com/wbbradio. Live statistics are also available through SideArm Stats, and the official Twitter account of Houston Women’s Basketball, @UHCougarWBB, will offer updates throughout the game.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS
Memphis enters Sunday’s contest with an 10-16 overall record and a 5-8 mark in American Athletic Conference play. Memphis has dropped four of its last five most recently losing to UConn in a 102-45 decision. Memphis is 6-8 when playing at home this season.
Memphis has a pair of players averaging double figures in scoring this season, Jamirah Shutes scores 13.8 per game to lead the team, Alana Davis is second on the team with 12.1 points per game.
Memphis is allowing opponents to score 63.8 points per game, allowing 38.3 percent shooting from the field and 28.4 percent from long-range.
Coogs down 45-40 heading to the last quarter
Coogs come from behind and get the win 59-57
Houston: The Cougars saw three players reach double figures in scoring, including 17 from Branch. Hawkins added 10 points, followed Barnes with 10. Barnes and Okoene led the team in rebounds with eight and Branch led the team with four assists. Barnes has now hit at least one three-pointer in the last 17 games. Barnes’ six made three-pointers is a career-high.
Memphis: Memphis finished the game with two players in double figures led by Jamirah Shutes with a game-high 20 points, following by Alana Davis with 16 points. Shutes led the Tigers with 8 rebounds and Jada Stinson finished with four assists.
NEWS AND NOTES
* Houston improves to 15-11 on the season and 9-4 in conference play.
* The Cougars shot 44.9 percent from the field, compared to 36.7 percent from Memphis. The Cougars scored 12 points off the fast break, compared to only eight from Memphis.
* The Cougars have now won its last two against Memphis.
* Houston extends its winning streak to four.
* Cougars tie most wins in The American under Head Coach Ronald Hughey.