Walk-on Try Out info

This is kind of like waiting for bar exam results. Tell your son to just get it out of his mind for the next three months. I took the bar exam in April '63 and left the next day for active duty. I was in the middle of the Pacific when a friend telegrammed the ship telling me I had passed and by that time I wasn’t thinking about it.
I have high hopes for him-all for the love of the game.

6 Likes

Jim, I have been to bars thousands of times over the years, but I never had to take an exam. Oh wait…never mind.

8 Likes
1 Like

Have him keep studying film every day. This is by no means an easy offense. The more comfortable he is in it will benefit him. It is a long season. ALWAYS BE READY.

2 Likes

Will do Chris. Thank you.

1 Like

Once he makes the squad you never know when it is “next man up” in practice or a game.

2 Likes

Do kids have access to the film before they make the team? I would think that at this stage, the main thing to concentrate on would be to ensure he is in top shape when fall practice starts by hitting the weights and doing the running and other conditioning drills.

2 Likes

Alisha, just thinking about you and your son. I assume the wait is hard, but I’m feeling good about his chances since he was one of the few to be called for questions after the tryout. I don’t have any inside info, just a gut feeling, but I’m pulling for yall.

11 Likes

16 Likes

Good Morning Mike. Funny thing picked my phone up to check the daily Coog news and saw your message. Sherman was just getting ready for his morning workout. We picked him up on Saturday. Thank you for keeping him in mind. We have gone over Sherman’s every interaction with the coaching staff and players and in our head we think we will get good news in July as well. I showed him your post for motivation. I think this is going to be a fun action pack season and I pray we get to be apart of it.

20 Likes

I think everyone on Coogfans is pulling for your son.

14 Likes

Just keep working out Sherman and show up in top shape and ready to get after it.

4 Likes

Thank you guys it is much appreciated.

1 Like