We are one lucky fan base to have CKS

I get more and more impressed with Coach Sampson each and everyday. The man knows basketball and is a good judge of talent and all that but what I really admire is how grounded he is. Yes, he’s a task master but he also has a sense of humor. I call it controlled intensity and you can see it in the players. They play each possession like the entire season depends on it.

I really like his pressers. He’s not afraid to tell you what he thinks and that’s so refreshing when just about everybody else gives you coachspeak.

Mick Cronin’s the same way, I’m impressed with him too but I’m glad coach is on our side and not their side.

9 Likes

Him and his son know how to identify talent early on. Better than any recruiting site that’s for sure. He’s a savant of a coach in college.

4 Likes

Pay the man (like Holgo) Shirley!

1 Like

Not to dismiss the dedication, hard work and intensity of the players (I really really really like the way they play) but I doubt we would have had them without Coach Sampson. It all started with him.

2 Likes

You said it Johnny…and I want our Natty, hope we are not asking too much of him!

“hoe abiut iur Nstty” ???

Auto correct on my phone sometimes jumble my texts. I will fix it.

1 Like

3 Likes

77 natties will make us the greatest ever…lol!

3 Likes

Nice. Auto-incorrect. :rofl:

In seriousness, Sampson has an amazing knack for finding the right matchups at the right time at every point in every game. Maybe a slight exaggeration, but he’s blessed with a deep and diverse roster, and knows exactly what to do with them.

1 Like

To add one more great quality it is the ability to identify players with high character.

4 Likes

He seems good at developing players as well.

2 Likes

Like putting Hinton on Cumberland? :grinning:
That seemed to work out pretty well.

3 Likes

And yet I remember a handful of posters that doubted his ability and used the word “hot seat” in his first three years lol

1 Like

I will admit, after three years I was not sure of Sampson. I did not like signing Dotson, and didn’t want to watch him play. Last year with the Rob Gray show was fun to watch and then I was on the Sampson train but had no idea how great this year would be. I have never seen a BBall this deep, with each player buying into defense.
Yes I feel lucky to have Sampson. We went from hoping we might get some tournament notice, to knowing we are a top seed. Loving Cougar basketball

3 Likes

Ive heard Dotson is a good person from a couple people I know that have met him.

1 Like

He might be, I have no idea. I was just disgusted from the Oregon incident at the time

1 Like

I’m not saying this to accuse you or make excuses for him, but did you really read the facts and allegations about the incident, especially specifically as they related to the Damyean, before coming to that decision?

1 Like

Last 5 mins without a score…smart coach to put Hinton in…

Probably not enough, it was a gut thing left over from when Joe was there.
Sampson has talked really high of Dotson’s work effort. I will admit I took that season off. But have been following since.