We Lost to a Good Team Yesterday…

MSU needs to be ranked man. They ranked all the wrong big 10 teams lol. MSU and Wisconsin should be top 25 after this

Rankings imo don’t really matter. Only thing that matters making NCAA and making your run.

1 Like

Going 5-1 every 6 games should make for a good season.

1 Like

This is true but the higher ranked teams throughout the year get more exposure, which benefits the program in other ways, such as recruiting and sponsorships. However, nothing is better for publicity than consistent long runs in the championship tourney.

I have read on Coogfans that the Big 10 is basically the equivalent of CUSA in basketball so trying to reconcile the two things.

I’ve read a lot of fiction on Coogfans, and then I’ve read some that seemed like science-fiction . . . . .

Pretty sure you’ve just read that it’s overrated, which it is.

2 Likes

I was obviously using hyperbole, but the Big 10 gets trashed a lot on here.

If Wisky doesn’t end up in the top 3 or so of the Big 10, either losing to them on a neutral court is not losing to a really good team or the Big 10 is a very good conference. You can’t really have it both ways.

Saying the Big 10 is overrated isn’t the same thing as saying its a bad league. As for Wisconsin, as long as they’re a T-50 team then our loss will be a quad 1 loss. You dont get punished for quad 1 losses. So we’ll probably need them to finish in the top 6 or 7 to be safe.

1 Like

Actually, we are not trashing the big10, but instead the rating services !!

1 Like

The big 10 has been widely overrated the last 2 years, doesn’t mean Wisconsin isn’t a good team and they should be ranked. 2 things can be true. Y’all need to stop over exaggerating peoples points to try to further prove yours. That’s how unnecessary arguments start

1 Like

1000% agree.

Undefeated Indiana losing to 3-3 Syracuse rn and undefeated Minnesota losing to 2-4 Pitt. Big 10 thrived last year on the shortened non-conference schedules. They played cupcakes and then got super inflated metrics by beating one another. Not as easy to do with a full slate of games. Purdue looks good though.

2 Likes