#Coogston

#HR&P-LewisKJeweler-RhythmEnergy-SponsoredCity

2 Likes

#Hold Down H-Town

#ShastaTown

#LuvYaRed

#SeeRed (old)

2 Likes

I like that #LuvYaRed. A shot at both Amy Adams and Rice while also repping Houston and UH.

9 Likes

Disclaimer some of the following gifs do not contain Coogs:
Here we go Coogs

Let’s go Coogs.

No not that one

Let’s burn this s…t down Coogs:

Let’s do this Coogs

1 Like

Not sure where I remember this from. How about #PaintHoustonRed

1 Like

Burn the boats!!

"Boss Fritz and the Fighting’ Coogs !
Eat em’ Up !

too soon

Oh the good old days!

Merry Fritzmas.

3 Likes

whatever it is - it needs to be far more organic than whatever is spawned on a message board.

1 Like

Idk if this is a hot take but why doesn’t football just use ForTheCity as well? I think all UH sports should use it

5 Likes

I’m rocking with #CagetheCity because the football stadium is “The Cage”.

And I also like #LuvYaRed, taking back the city slogan and adding our colors to it.

I don’t mind #YWCF because there is somewhat of an organic backstory to how that came about.

#BayouBoyz will be a tough sell since LSU is claiming Bayou Bengals, but I liked that one too.

2 Likes

I think the ForTheCity is an era of basketball similar to how PhiSlamaJama was an era of basketball.

And I think we would hate for it to get muddled like HTownTakeover when things go south in football.

Plus it was Galen Robinson’s phrase when he decided to stay home and play for Houston. So I associate that phrase with the Kelvin Sampson era of basketball.

#WelocmeToTheJungle

#LuvYaCoogs

The Titans would sue us in 5 seconds but did the Houston Oilers franchise also trademark the Luv Ya Blue slogan?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if they trademarked it. But I think the fans should be able to hashtag it or bring in signs with Luv Ya Coogs or Luv Ya Red. The only thing that Titans can sue for is merch or promotional items from the university.

But once again, it needs to be somewhat organic.

Why not just use the
“ForTheCity” slogan for all UH sports. If the goal is to get the city to buy in and support all sports, then why not? This line will hit home.

3 Likes