Week 4: Georgia Southern

All of those wins came against UCF and all happened before 1991.

5 Likes

You need to put my radio call in on the Sunday night show!

What is it ‘they’ say about statistics? What was UCF’s classification during those losses?

Ok
“The UCF Knights football program started in 1979 as a Division III team and is famously the first college football program in NCAA history to play at all four sanctioned levels before reaching Division I FBS in 1996”

1 Like

So in other words, they’ve never beaten any team that was a member of the Big 12 at the time that they faced them.

Given that, I’m pretty sure that UH won’t be the first.

1 Like

Me too


This board would implode if we lose to GSU. I’ve seen the Coogs favored by as much as 20 points. I say the Coogs cover and the defense holds them to 2 scores or less.

2 Likes

As it should
!

3 Likes

Yup.

3 Likes

idk, you guys, it just doesn’t seem like playing at georgia southern makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

I love it when former UH basketball players come back around

5 Likes

Not sure anyone else noticed the “fine print” (above), but Willie said



”in 10-15 years, when I retire”


This is good news, and I believe it when he says it.


and I don’t believe he’ll go anywhere else before he does.

IMO, if/when he wins a “Natty”, I believe he would retire and go out on top.

1 Like

Fritz is gonna be like Joe Pa and Bobby Bowden by the time he gets out of here.

2 Likes

If he stays healthy, he could be part of the exclusive “300 win” club.

He’s at 222 right now.

2 Likes

That would be something. Aside from Yeoman’s 25 years, the next-longest tenure is 7 years.

4 Likes

I hope not. A significant fan base at Penn St. and Florida St. were glad to see them go. They felt that both coaches were past their expiration date.

2 Likes

Helton was here for 7 but you’re not far off. And Fritz is already only 20 wins away from 2nd all time at UH. I feel confident he get that and then some.

2 Likes

I guess he and the dude from the 40s/50s were both here for 7 seasons.

I wasn’t going to type his name though. Only his successor had a worse winning percentage. :no_mouth:

That was one dark decade.

2 Likes

Lol valid

Yeoman had 25 seasons.

Helton had 7.

Briles had 5.

10, 15 years
 THANK YOU JEEEEEBBUUSSS!!!

2 Likes