Week 6 AP Poll

Cincinnati up to #3

SMU up to #23

2 Likes

Just keep winning

If we dominate ECU and go 6-1 we’ll get some votes.

If we beat SMU we may crack the Top 25

I want to meet #3 Cincinnati in the AAC Championship game

4 Likes

I think that may be the smallest amount of “ others receiving votes” I have ever seen.

8 Likes

Now I understand why ND is overrated every year. They boost whatever teams lose to big time.

I guess I am surprised UT still gets the love they do. Yes, they lost a toughly fought game against a highly ranked team, but they gave up 55 points.

1 Like

Plus, I’ve noticed that ND and UT are always in the preseason rankings +/- around 15-20 even if they were horrible the year before.

This allows them to hype them more if they get some early wins and justify keeping them in the top 25 if they lose.

They are NEVER ranked accurately and I’m sure there are others but those two stick out every single year.

6 Likes

They do indeed but honestly Cincy deserves to be ranked ahead of OU.

4 Likes

Teams with bigger brands get ranked easier and take longer to drop out of the rankings. Its probably because no one actually watches every game, so the voters fill their brackets out with teams they recognize.

1 Like

Yes, I agree, but I can understand why. They generally end up ranked at the end of the year. They also end up with a highly rated recruiting class. So, they get, undeservedly so in my opinion, the benefit of the doubt. Hence a ranking to start the next year.

This is the AP poll. By the time the conference championship game is here, the CFP poll will have them 6th or 7th place even if they’re undefeated.

4 Likes

Right now Cincy is getting more respect than both Michigan schools, Okie St. and Kentucky…. I’ll take it.

Notre Dame has won 36 consecutive games against unranked opponents. Longest streak in FBS. That helps them get the benefit of the doubt.

So according to that logic we should definitely be ranked right now- we’ve beaten FIVE unranked opponents in a row!

I see you’re wearing your leotard this afternoon with that impressive display of gymnastics.

1 Like

Just twirling around the BS defense you made about ND. ND should beat every single unranked team they play…they get superior recruits, have all the resources, and have their own TV deal

If we had beaten 36 unranked opponents in a row we probably would be ranked. Hell if we had 6 consecutive wins against unranked opponents we’d probably be ranked. Stop being intentionally dense.

The Whorns are still 25th with the 106 ranked D in the land with 10 programs from Texas showing better on D than their craptastic D!

I only care about being ranked at the end. Its that type of year. No one will remember a UH team ranked 25 in October and 38 in January. I’d prefer it be in reverse.

Iowa is #2?
Kentucky football is #11??
Wake Forest at 16

Anything can happen in college football. Gotta love it